cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse options in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been building a few VC applications lately and already I can see several instances where a part of my model keeps repeating over and over again. For example, I need to constantly filter the results of my service desk queries for each of my staff members. So if there are fifteen reps, I have to make fifteen filters each time there is a new query. Does VC have some reuse options that can come in handy?

The VC Reference Guide states:

Reusable components

The building blocks implemented in the models ensure consistency in functionality

Wand UI design from application to application. Using them ensures significant

savings in time and effort by eliminating the need to recreate similar functionality from

model to model.

However, there is no method explained for reuse. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Regards,

Adeel Hashmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you resue the components or tables or forms untill unless you need same requirement i.e fileds or parameters.

This can be done by Copy and Paste.

And if you want use total model in another model or any other componets then it is more feasible with VC7.1

Regards,

Govindu

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in NW70 you can reuse VC forms and tables simply copy/pasting them within the same model or across models.

Regards

Vincenzo