Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explain Sender MQ

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone explain a little about the MQ as a sender? I have a senario where the XI should pick up some messages from an external MQ (IBM). If i set up the sender Com.Channel i cannot set up an time interval for the pickup of messages (like the file adapter where it could be 60 secs. or so).

I ask because it seems that once the channel are activated the adapter seems to keep a connection to the MQ? And the folks running the MQ tells me please to sign of when i´m finished picking up messages...

But really i need an explanation of the logic: who offen does the XI search the MQ for messages or have i totaly misunderstand the functionality?

Regards

Jacob Steen-Petersen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

+ ask because it seems that once the channel are activated the adapter seems to keep a connection to the MQ? And the folks running the MQ tells me please to sign of when i´m finished picking up messages...+

You can use JMS sender Adapter, one of the configuration parameters is "Wait Before Reconnect (msecs)". JMS adapter will disconnect and reconnect based on the time specified by, it doesnt stay connected to the queue.

But really i need an explanation of the logic: who offen does the XI search the MQ for messages or have i totaly misunderstand the functionality?

Here is the link to help which talks in detail about the settings of JMS sender adapter.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really don´t get it. In the help it says:

+"Specify a period of time after which an attempt will be made to reestablish a connection following a connection error on the JMS side.

The time period must be specified in milliseconds. No attempt is made if the value is set to -1."+

To me this seems to be something else; a parameter who tells how long the XI should wait after an connection error has occured to try to connect again.

But normaly there won´t be any connection error so the parameter should not be considered?

Also if you where right, setting the parameter to -1 would be the same as deactivating the Com.Channel!

/Jakob