SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Finalled Accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our legacy systems we have finalled accounts where the balance of the account is not zero. How best is it to migrate this data to SAP ISU?

I was proposing to migrate the customer as active using the move-in object then create a move-out record for the customer but what will happen with the outstanding balance in SAP?

KR,

Michelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Michelle

Why would you want to migrate move-in and move-out, if that partner is no longer a customer, but only has outstanding debts?

The simplest solution would be to migrate only the open items on a contract account, with no move-in or move-out. This way, you will still have the partner's open invoices, but nothing more.

Bogdan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Michelle

Why would you want to migrate move-in and move-out, if that partner is no longer a customer, but only has outstanding debts?

The simplest solution would be to migrate only the open items on a contract account, with no move-in or move-out. This way, you will still have the partner's open invoices, but nothing more.

Bogdan

0 Kudos

Hello,

Few things

1. Does your inactive customers at point of time become active customers? If yes...you need to populate the Move-in date... else No!!

2.You can alternatively migrate all the info like move-in, etc and just block the customers at Contract account level so that there shall not be any 'activities' in these accounts unless block/lock is removed.

3. If they are inactive, cannot you just ignore them and migrate only active customers?

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Bogdan,

You are quite right the BP is no longer a customer but has outstanding debts.

Therefore I should migrate a BP, CA and open items only.

Thanks.

Rajendra,

The inactive customers won't become active. Unfortunately I cannot ignore these customers as they have

debt despite being finalled so we need to migrate the customer and open items in the

hope of trying to get the final balance paid by the customer.

Thanks.

Michelle