cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatible context element type at Context Mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to DC components. One of them resolves graphical interface functionality cross to others components. So the idea is to insert it inside others components (embedders). During this interface job Inner Component will be updating the context of the embedders.

I need to do a Context Mapping between DC Components.

From "Inner component" Interface Controller Context to "Embedder Component" Controller Context.

I define the use of the Inner DC, etc. When I try to map contexts I can't, the mapping wizard says: "Incompatible context element type".

Both Nodes have value attributes of String type. But the context of the "Embedder" controller context is "bindded"

to the model and have an structure already defined. I supose this is the problem...

Please let me know if i was not clear.

I'll appreciate any answer.

Best Regards,

Diego.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

If you have not still found the problem, please refer to this tutorial if it helps. It talks a bit about data access/transfer between an Embedded component & and Inner Component through "External Context Mapping".

Particularly search for "isInputElement" in the pdf or see the section "Using External Context Mapping" in the tutorial.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/using server-side eventing in web dynpro components.pdf

It might give you ideas to solve your problem.

Regards,

Rajit Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are trying to map the context of embedder component(which is already bound to model) to the context of the inner component at design time. This is a problem.

Instead of statically binding the contexts of the inner and embedder components, try runtime mapping of the contexts programaticaly.

Infact mapping context through code is anytime better approach than maaping contexts statically, and if you are mapping contexts across components you should always do it through programmed access.

Hope this comes as a help.

Regards

Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just in case somebody is still interested...

This sounds like trying to map a Value node to a Model node. Which won't work.

Cheers

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

Check that <b>cardinality</b> and <b>selection cardinality</b> (only if you are mapping selection) are the same for both context nodes.

Also post here a structure of outer / inner contexts (with cardinalities) -- there could be other reasons for error.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

I think you can copy the "binded" node from the "Embedder" controller to the "Inner Component"'s component controller and interface Controller, then try to map it again.

Hope it works

Best regards

Deyang

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understood, you have two nodes (node A and node B) and node (node C) in right panel. Node A and node C is mapped and you try map element from node B to element from node C?

If I'm right, you can't do this. You can go to Data modeler, right click on Controller ->"Apply Template" -> "Relate Context Attributes" and map elements.

Regards

Vedran

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Map the nodes directly instead of mapping the value attribute inside the nodes if the nodes which are to be mapped have the same no of attributes....

Let me know ur problem clearly after doing this.

Regards,

Vijayakhanna Raman