cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of Test Cases /System Roles for Test

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we face a situation where we have about 1000 old test cases located in a fs-cd (development) system. Now, during an upgrade project we want to use the solman for documentation and testing. Due to the fact that we have some issues with transporting the test cases into SOLMAN, they should remain in the fs-cd dev system. Currently, the test cases are being assigned to the upgrade-project-structure.

The problem, we now face, is that the solution manager does not find the test cases, if the system role in the test plan refers to the testing system. Therefore my question: Can we somehow automatically collect all test cases that are assigned to the project and transport them to the testing system?

Or is it possible to set up the solution manager in a way, that refers to test cases from the dev system but provides links to the testing object in the testing system?

Thanks in advance

Arthur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

Do you mean Test Case of Test Case Type 'M' [Manual Test Case] where you did not choose to have it as a Central Repository when you first created them ?

When you created such Manual Test Cases in the DEV system, did you save it as Local Objects or saved to a transport ?

If they were saved to a transport, I hazard a guess that it must be possible to transport them to QAS.

If so, you can change the pointer to QAS for the whole Test Plan.

As regards your other question, (....that refers to test cases from the dev system but provides links to the testing object in the testing system?), I am sorry - don't have a positive answer.

Best regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

thank you for the effort. But unfortunatelly, that answer did`t help me beceause I already know that i can transport test cases. The question is rather if i can automatically select the test cases that are used in a project for the transport.

Cheers

Arthur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

I haven't done a transport myself, so far.

But I guess there must be a way to filter out for a Project, if the package chosen to save them all was distinct from others OR if there is any other filter.

I would keep an eye on this thread - to get back if I know a better answer as well as to see how you solved it.

Thanks

Srini