cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of Swap is increasing!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Gurus,

I am recently facing a problem regarding performance issue.

When I am trying to login to the system or excecuting some of the T-Codes into the system like PFCG, it is taking a lot of time b4 coming to the next screen.

From st02 I can see that the number of swap spaces are increasing specially CUA , program & initial buffer .Swap space of other buffers are also there.

I am using ECC 6.0 on Oracle 10g env

I have created One Single Role recently for MM & FICO development and trying to check from SPRO that all the nodes have proper authorisation in the newly created role and whenever getting stuck to some objects and T-codes, I am adding it and regenerating, which is also taking a lot of time and swap number is getting increased.

RZ10 parameter status

abap/buffersize 450000

zcsa/table_buffer_area 50000000

zcsa/presentation_buffer_area 5400000

Thanks in advance

Ami_eka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> RZ10 parameter status

>

> abap/buffersize 450000

> zcsa/table_buffer_area 50000000

> zcsa/presentation_buffer_area 5400000

Is this a 32bit system?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a 64 bit system. OS is solaris 9

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok - in that case I would raise up abap/buffersize. 450 MB is very small for an ERP system. If you have additional 450 MB I would double it and restart the instance.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only increase in abap/buffersize will solve the problem?? Because all the rows of Swap column is full of huge numbers.

Ami_eka

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tuning a system is an iterative process - nobody can´t tell you (even not the SAP support people) what number are the best for your configuration.

abap/buffersize is a critical parameter for performance since a too low value will increase the number of database accesses necessary to get the programs loaded. Of course, other parameters influence performance too but abap/buffersize is the most critical one.

If this is a Unicode system I would configure it even higher. If many transport are being imported it may be necessary to add even more.

The only way to find out the best parameters is to increase them (add 25 %/add 50%), restart the system and keep an eye on it and if necessary do the same again a few days later.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

also check Note 146289 - Parameter Recommendations for 64-Bit SAP Kernel

regards,

kaushal

Answers (0)