cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session between multiple Webservice calls from PI7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello XI SDNers,

I am unable to overcome my Webservice session problem using SOAP (Axis) adapter. My scenario is as follows:

I am calling a external Webservice deployed in Axis webservice engine from PI7.0, during my first call: I call synchronous "Login" webservice and I became the response "User is Logged in"

during my second synchronous call "GetItem", the webservice returns "The user doesn't have valid session". The two synchronous calls are executed from same scenario one after another!

I lost my session after the "Login". Is there any way in PI 7.0 to maintain the session?

Note: I tried the same scenario using XML SPY SOAP client, it is working!!! it is maintaining the session between multiple webservice calls.

Is there any suggestions to overcome this problem?

Thanks and regards,

Satish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

We are working on the same sort of scenarios, where we have to call more than one webservice in a sequential fashion using the same session id details.

What we did was we built new xsds adding session details node using the webserive request and response xsds. And we are maintaining a sessions table which contains session id and status fields in PI. So we send webservice request with the session id details. We wrote an UDF to get the session details from PI and set the status field as busy so that no other request uses the same session details.

Webserive response again contains the sessions details which can be used for the next webservice request.

Finally after all the calls set back the status to Active in PI table.

Webservice Calls From a User Defined Function

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/11/20/webservice-calls-from-a-user-defined-function

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vijaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijaya,

Thanks for your reply. How can we maintain Session table in PI? also I didn't see any session Id's in the response from "Login" Webservice, then how can we extract such session id's and store them in session table.

-Satish.

Former Member