cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PLUG IN's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have applied the patches using Spam, and going to apply plug in's, I got the documentations that plug in's are applied using SAINT, when I use saint after extracting the car files it is not showing the list of plug in's and it is also mentioned that plug in's are installed from the user that has SAP_ALL profile other than sap* and ddic, what I am finding out that are able to install the plug in's from ddic also, what to do, I am confused what is the right procedure, Even we are able to install the ADD on's from SPAM, Please guide me?

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please clarify one more thing our level is PI_BASIS 2005_1_620, after applying all the packs in this level, we will move to PI_BASIS 2006_1_620 and the first support pack is SAPKIPYK01.car, can we uncar it and import using saint or we have to download other files for component upgrade?

Ravi.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are planning to upgrade to PI_BASIS 2006_1_620 you don't need to patch PI_BASIS 2005_1_620, directly import PI_BASIS 2006_1_620 via SAINT and then patch to SP 1 via SPAM...

You need to download the PI_BASIS 2006_1_620 component upgrade (usually a zip file) and pick the car files from the delta folder and upload them via SAINT. once upgraded upload the SP 1 via SPAM and import it.

Regards

Juan

Please close the thread if this answer your question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Now I understood the whole scenario, I will check it, thanks for all the support.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Then what all things are imported using SAINT, in 4.7 Enterprise Edition?

Ravi

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAINT is used for upgrading component version and plugins... for example from PI_BASIS 2005_1_620 to 2006_1_620 via delta upgrade, the support packs for the same are done in SPAM, SAINT is also used for install new components.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I went to service.sap.com -downloads-support packages and patches-My company Application components-SAP R/3 EnterpriseSAP R/3 Enterprise 47* 110 Entry By component- SAP R/3 Enterprise Server-PI 2004_1_470-- then I got the car file SAPKIPZI5D.car, I had uncared it and uploaded it using SPAM, now I have to download any other file? or the process is completed?

Ravi

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAPKIPZI5D.car is a regular Support Packages and need to be implemented via SPAM not SAINT...

basically once decompressed just add it to the import queue and import the package.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

"support packages for this add-ons using the tcode SPAM".

This line means that there are two things, what I have done is downloaded that car file that is shown in front of which it is named as PI, PI_BASIS, etc, this car files can be uplodad using SAINT or SPAM, I agree. After that I clicked on Display/Define and selected the module, as PI, has shown in the Queue, after that I clicked on import queue( Same case when we use to upload patches), after that prolouge, add_on conlict etc.. then message came that plug in is installed according to scenario, I confimed it, Now this plug in in showing in SPAM, status green, and showing in saint alsoin the level, feild. After this what I have to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats it you have installed the plugin then simply uncar the support packages like SAPKIPYM0* i suppose you have added pi_basis 2006_1_600.Then download the sp for this component and then aplly them using SPAM.

What else you want to do ?

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I am really sorry that I am confused at this level, if I use the spam and apply all the add on's and plug in's and ignore SAINT to code, then can I be sure that all my add on and plug in's are successfully applied, as it is showing in the add on list that is showing in the saint t code also and in sapm it is showing green and imported. Or I have to use the SAINT t code to install them after importing from SPAM, the issue is I am not able to install add ons and plug in s using SAINT, because even after extracting the car files, it is showing that there are no add on to be installed.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make your self clear first,

Youhave to apply add-ons and plugins using SAINT and support packages for this add-ons using the tcode SPAM.

No need to go to SPAM and upload the files which you have uncared.

After uncaring you can also use SAINT to upload the files by using the Installation packages-->load packages

Then you can just procedd by clicking on start button.

Now you can see the uploaded files and follow the procedure in the guide.It is same as applying a support package thats it.

Then use SPAM to apply the support packages for the add-in or plug-in which you have added using saint.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

All the Add on's are plug in are showing in green and status" imported" when we use ddic user and t code as spam, exact same procedure I have used when we use to apply support packs of basis, abap etc, what is the diffrence then?

Ravi.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No difference... the difference between SAINT and SPAM is that one is to do SP and the other is for PI and Component version upgrade.

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Logon to client 000 with a user with SAP_ALL... the just follow the procedure as usual...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After uploading the package click on start button you will be able to see the things.

Regards,

Vamshi.