cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mappings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I refered the following scenario /people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

Value Mapping.

in the weblog the author created Value Mapping for Desig and mapped to EmpDesg. Now suppose i want to have another value mappings for other field let say Name field and i've created another value mapping for Name and mapped it to EmpName field then i need to specify this Value Mapping in ID as well. but if u look in section 4 there we can specify only one value mappings wht if i want to assign another value mappings which i've created for Name field then how this will b achieved. or can it possible to have 1 value mapping for two fields.

regards

Sami

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For each Field Transformation we need to maintain one separate value mapping in Ir as well as in ID also

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

pls. let me know how to assign second value mapping in ID since in ID we can specify only one value mapping.

Regards

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you have to create the another Value mapping for the Source & target Fields and then

do the entries in ID

REgards

Seshagiri

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Value Mapping table can be created / edited manually in the Integration Directory.

The following steps will provide an overview.

1. Open Integration Directory.

2. Go to Tools 􀃆 Value Mapping.

-

Creation of the Value Mapping Group in ID

1. If a new table is to be created, enter the values for Source Agency, Source Schema, Target Agency

and Target Schema. Then press Display. This will open a screen as shown below. (For example, the

Source and Target Agency is Source and Target and the Source Scheme is Source1 and Target

Scheme is Target1. This table will hold the relation between the Source1 value in Source and the

relative Target1 value in Target).

Press the button (pen and specs) to add entries to the table.

Double clicking on the entries will take to another screen which displays the same table based on

GroupID.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx for the wonderful explanation.

Regards

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

how we can specify the values for value mappings at runtime?

Regards

Sami

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look into this weblog..

/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/02/23/value-mapping-replication

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but if u look in section 4 there we can specify only one value mappings

U can have 1 value mapping for each target field - EmpDesg and EmpName in ur case

if i want to assign another value mappings which i've created for Name field then how this will b achieved

For name u ll use value Mapping with EmpName

Regards,

Prateek

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>can it possible to have 1 value mapping for two fields

You can have 1 value mapping for each target. so it is possible. As you want to use name for empname you can use it. it will come there in ID. lets create one and check.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A perticular object/field could have different interprtations from applications to applications and Business to Business. For e.g Suppose a particular document XYZ has an identity code 001 in one application or may be in one orgnization. But the same document could have different ID in different applications.

With the help of Value Mapping you could map these IDs with each other, thus while transaction of the data XI will act as an smart mapper to pass the Application specific values.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/13/ba20dd7beb14438bc7b04b5b6ca300/frameset.htm

There are many docs available about Value mapping in SDN forum.

How to Perform Value Mapping u2013 A Walkthrough

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00ee347e-aabb-2a10-b298-d15a1ebf...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2a/9d2891cc976549a9ad9f81e9b8db25/frameset.htm

SDN Discussions

/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2006/10/23/accessing-value-mapping-defined-in-directory-using-java-functions

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/13/ba20dd7beb14438bc7b04b5b6ca300/frameset.htm

Regards