cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task confirmation for cProjects in SAP CATS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

at the moment we are evaluating to introduce SAP cProjects in combination wit SAP xRPM as a Portfolio/Project Management Tool. For time reporting at the moment we already use CATS.

I know that time reporting for cProject tasks can be done through CATS (on task level).

For confirming the degree of task completeion the SAP help page says that this can be only done on project level and not on the level of single tasks. (Excerpt of text see below)

My questions:

1. Is it correct that through CATS I can confirm percentage of completion only on project and not on task level?

2. If I cannot confirm it through CATS, can I still use cPRojects to do so, even if I have set up the link to CATS? (because as far as I know manual time entry in cProjects gets locked when I establish the link to CATS)

Thank you

Markus

Below the excerpzt of help.sap.com:

" You can use this function to import and record the following confirmation information:

○ Actual start date

○ Actual end date

○ Remaining work / unit

○ Processing rate in percent

○ Planned work / unit

○ Comment (text field of any length)

These fields relate to one project or subproject of cProjects, not to an individual confirmed time. The ready-for-input status of the fields depends on the role of the recorder, that is, the authorizations that you have assigned for the various project members in the cProjects system."

Edited by: Markus Mayer on May 20, 2008 11:30 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

In case of cProjects 4.0 (hope thats the same in case of cprojects 4.5) in the configuartion of project types; we can configure whether the time booking in applicable for the Project header and / or the tasks or the roles.

Hope this is the same for cprojects 4.5; check it out.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saurabh.

I know that for the time booking I can book on Project header, the tasks or the roles through CATS.

But my question is, if I can also confirm actual start/End date, remaining work, etc. on task level through CATS?

Because my understanding was, that this only works on project level?

Unfortunately I cannot try out, as we do not have set up cProjects. Just looking into it, if it makes sense to do so.

Edited by: Markus Mayer on May 21, 2008 10:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

You can do the confirmations at task level also. You would need to make appropriate settings in the Project Type.

This feature is standard ECC6 onwards.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, thank you Vivek.

Regards

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor