cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to move object. Change lists were not part of the same import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have imported files to developement server from a different development server

In IR, the objects got activated but in ID, when i try to activate the objects, I am getting error message

"Unable to move object. Change lists were not part of the same import"

i was referring to the following thread and did all actions specified.

no use

any ideas how do I do this?

regards,

Nikhil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I think you will have the some object names in change list of ID after importing the .tpz file

Can you please let us know the name of the objects

While activating the Change list this error wil come because of Some mandatory field entries were missing we shld make an entry those field values

Please check for which Object it is giving this error & find out the RED marked fields are filled or not.

If not Fill those Activate .

Now those shld be activate

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshagiri,

There are no objects in change list prior to importing.

I have freshly imported the objects and only added target url in CC parameters and the objects in Change list are all the objects that I have imported.

regards,

nikhil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

As you told that you have many scenarios needs to be Import

1) Do one thing nikhil, please Delete changes for currently which you have imported into ID

2) And now import the another .tpz file & Before activating , Open the Communication channel

3) Enter the Target URL & Save & Activate Now

This Should work Definately.

Even i faced the same Situation in my IDOC---SOAP Scenarios Transpoting

then i changed the target URL & then activated one by one

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your quick responses.

Hi Seshagiri,

I am trying for the second time.

First time when I imported to XI and activated, I got the error message that Target URL is missing.

Then I entered URL manually for all the CC and I tried to activate each CC in ID, then I got the error message

"Unable to move object. Change lists were not part of the same import"

then I tried activating the entire change list ( change list contains only the imported objects and CC for which I have manually changed the URL )

I am really worried. What could be the problem? even a single Business service when tried to activate is giving me this error message.

I have not created any new objects, except that I have editted CC properties and saved them

please correct me, have i Missed any step>?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

First time when I imported to XI and activated, I got the error message that Target URL is missing

Dont do like this, As soon as you have imported the .tpz file into ID

Open the Communication channel & give URL then Activate All those in a Single Shot

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seshagiri,

I will do as you have told me.

1. Can I delete one object before I activate ( after chaning CC ? )

this is because I have added one extra CC to the tpz packaging. If I activate keeping it, it may throw me error message.

2. Why does it throw error message if I activate before editing CC? any specific reason as such?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

1. Can I delete one object before I activate ( after chaning CC ? )

this is because I have added one extra CC to the tpz packaging. If I activate keeping it, it may throw me error message.

Delete that CC before activating and then Enter the Target URL For the correct CC & Save & Activate

2. Why does it throw error message if I activate before editing CC? any specific reason as such?

Before Editing CC, the CC has to be filled up with the Required Field. thats why the Error

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seshagiri,

perfect !!! its working

I have tried with one scenario as u said and its working.

Shud import other scenarios n check

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heyy Nikhil,

Its Good to hear that the Issues got solved

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshagiri,

I am facing the same problem. I have imported the XI dev objects to QA environment, and changed the CC

server specific setting. now when i trying to activate it, getting message "Unable to move object. Change lists were not part of the same import".

Any idea what could cause this.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Try this....

Delete the offending Receiver Determination objects from the Change List, and the activate rest of the change list. Re-create the Receiver dtermination objects.

Reward points if this helps

Regards

Vani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried activating all the objects and tried activating without Receiver determination.

same error message.

I have around 150 objects including all the objects for all scenarios

All CC parameters filled up,

then activated and same error

nikhil.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there a single change list? Are the imported objects scattered across the change lists?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

all the objects are under one change list with the name "XI 3.0 Import"

All the objects are under my ID

any guesses?

Prateek, does it not supposed to activate one object if I activate only one object?

i tried doing that as well and i got the same error message..

Nikhil

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Make sure u have all business system and business services maintained consistantly.

2. In the changelist -> Check All users changelist. It will show other inactive changelists. Activate those first and then try again

does it not supposed to activate one object if I activate only one object?

In case of transports activation should not be done for individual objects. It increases chances of inconsistencies

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heyy Nikhil,

Follow my reply what i said above & it shld be solved

Even I faced this issue some days back.

Regards

Seshagiri

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We exp this prob when we deleted one object and it was there in change list and we created new one and trieds to activate the new one we got the same error

if urs also same case after deletion of object activate those deleted objects also.

do onething try to activate one independent object like CC..

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rao,

I tried activating one single CC, Service, ID and RA

all threw me the same error message

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dont try to activate individual objects. Activate the objects from the change list at the standard change list level

Regards,

Prateek