Did you mean: 

Can't access tables, which are created over SQL-Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have encounterd a problem using the internal MaxDB instance of my

developer workplace installation. I have used the MaxDB SQL Studio to

create some tables. This tables I want to access through a lookup of my

internal DB datasource (SAP<SID>DB) which is also used by the netweaver server itself.

I get the connection to the datasource (which I can see in VisualAdmin)

but I can't get data out of my tables. Always the SQLException occurs

that the table or view does not exists.

Do I have to be aware of user rights or something else? In fact, I can

use the tables over SQL-Studio but not through a lookup over Netweaver

Application Server.

I have tried to access other tables, which are shown in the the SQL Studio and available under the same schema. This works perfectly. But my tables created over "create table ...." can't be accessed through code. In the SQL-Studio a default "SELECT *" is possible.

I have posted the same thread in the DB Forum but with no success. Does anybody here have an idea?

Regards,

Kai Rossnagel

Edited by: Kai Rossnagel on May 20, 2008 4:17 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose you have used another DB user for creating the tables and the SAPSIDDB does not have permissions on those tables (i.e. is not the owner). As per the best practices, you should not create the tables manually. You have to create a Dictionary project in your NWDS and define the table schema you'd like. Then the project has to be built and deployed. On successful deployment, you will see the DB table and you definitely will be able to access it.

Kind regards,

Tsvetomir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have checked the rights over the tables: "DOMAIN"."TABLEPRIVILEGES"

Where the SAP<SID>DB has the owner rights of the created tables.

So this is not an issue for this problem.

From SAP I got the information to create the tables through a dictionary project. But i do not want to do that because with other DBs (like Oracle or MSSQL) this works without using a dictionary project.

I'm asking because I have a lot of tables to be created. And they have required names. Some of them exceed the maximum table name length of a dictionary project table. But with the other DBs (as mentioned above) I'm not getting any trouble.

Please help me, it is really frustrating right now.

Regards,

Kai Rossnagel