Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running WebDynpro Application fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am sure this is an easy one for you:

I have developed a WebDynpro Application that uses a Portal Service that I have set up. Building the WebDynpro Application works fine (having added the api.src.jar to the Webdynpro classpath) deploying too. But when I try to run it I get the following error:

Application local/GrepAdminComponent cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to resource com.companyname.ldap.service.LdapAccessService with type application, which is not active on the server.

This is the part of the stacktrace which I assume needs to be taken care of.

I have the following entries in my portalapps.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<application alias="LdapAccessService">

<application-config>

</application-config>

<components/>

<services>

<service name="LdapAccessService" alias="LdapAccessService">

<service-config>

<property name="className" value="com.companyname.ldap.service.LdapAccessService"/>

<property name="startup" value="true"/>

</service-config>

<service-profile>

<property name="LdapAccessService" value="test"/>

</service-profile>

</service>

</services>

</application>

And this is the SharingReference I use in my Webdynpro Application:

PORTAL: sap.com/LdapProject

I can see the service in the portal under "System Administration" -> "System Configuration" -> "Applications" -> "LdapAccessService".

So now I am lost. Why can't the Webdynpro Application not find the service deployed in the portal?

Thanks for any help!

Helga

Anyone any idea?

--> Deleted the Portal Service Project and set up a new one. Thank god, it works now!

Message was edited by: Helga Ortius

Message was edited by: Helga Ortius

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Helga,

Why are you using Sharing Reference instead of Service Reference in Dynpro application (it is another tabstrip)? Do you have access to Visual Administrator? There you can check in ClassLoaderViewer all class loader dependencies.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for you fast reply!

@Jochen: typo on my side as there is no space in the sharing reference definition - sorry.

@Maksim: I followed the SAP documentation where it is recommended to use sharing references. But I will try your suggestion and report the result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your settings seem to be fine. See if your portal service is started. The following error of hard reference was solved in our case when we set the startup property to true.

For checking if your Portal service is started or not check the following link on how to start or stop a portal service.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/24/8fa93e08503614e10000000a114084/content.htm

Also i hope that you have both on the same runtime because portal service and WebDynpro component need to be on the same WebAS if they have to work.

If you have portal and Webdynpro on 2 different java instances then you need to make your portal service as a webservice and then access it.

Hope that helps you.

Note: Sharing reference would work :).

regards

Ravi

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Helga,

Seems like the same problem was resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again for all input!

@Ravi: The startup property has been "true" but it gives the error message above. Both - portal and j2ee/webdynpro - are the same system... .

@Maksim: I have found that one, too, but it did not work in my case.

Meanwhile I have tried to communicate with a standard portal service and get the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/portal/unification/IUserObjectBasedNavigation

The service exists and is started on the portal. What am I missing here...?

BR

Helga

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Helga,

Did you try to play around with Visual Administrator? There you can find references between services, applications and libraries etc. Check what services is your application having dependecied to and what application usages is having your service. And after check if everything looks correct try to restart your server. Sometime it helps :-).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Maksim,

I have found the message "Loader not initialized!" in the Visual Admin for the portal service sap.com/com.sap.portal.unification.objectbasednavigation.

What needs to be done to initialize the loader of this service?

BR Helga

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Helga,

Where is this message? In ClassLoader Viewer or in service pane itself? Can you see your service in list of services? Is it started? What references is having your application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Maksim,

This message is displayed in the ClassLoader Viewer of the Visual Admin. The com.sap.portal.unification.objectnavigation Service is not visible in the portal (System Administration -> System Configuration -> Service Configuration) but it is referenced by my GrepAdminComponent. Whereas the LdapService is not visible in the Visual Admin but in the portal where it is started and running.

My intention of using the com.sap.portal.unificaiton.objectnav service was to find out how to reference a portal service. As I used the following import statement and code to reference it.

import com.sap.portal.unification.*;

IUserObjectBasedNavigation obn = (IUserObjectBasedNavigation) WDPortalUtils.getServiceReference(IUserObjectBasedNavigation.KEY);

And the sharing reference looks as follows:

PORTAL:sap.com/com.sap.portal.unification.objectbasednavicationservice

Any ideas of what I could do to either make my service (LdapService) visible in the Visual Admin or the portal objectnav service available in the portal with a Loader in the ClassLoader Viewer?

BR Helga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please make sure that the used portal service is started correctly on the engine.

Perhaps the used SPACE in the sharing reference is also a problem - PORTAL: sap.com/LdapProject

Best regards

Jochen