cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Landscape Management Overview - no CCMSPING data available!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are currently trying to fully configure monitoring for our SAP landscape Java and ABAP so it can be viewed in the Work Center Web page.

However, on the 'System Landscape Management Overview' we have the message 'no CCMSPING data available' for all of our systems, even though we have CCMS ping setup.

Does any one know what I can check?

Thanks

Phil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vital_anderhub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check:

Transaction RZ20 "SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors -> Selfmonitoring CCMS Agents", the CCMSPING should show green.

Transaction RZ21 "Technical Infrastructure -> Availability Monitoring -> Configure CCMSPING Availability Mon." All monitored systems should be included.

Transaction RZ20 "SAP CCMS Monitor Templates -> Availability and Performance Overview" You should see all included systems.

Best Regards, Vital

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vital

I have gone through those setting in RZ20, and RZ21 however we do seem to have a multitude of red and I am note sure where to start getting them set up or actioned. I have the following marked as red:

Transaction RZ20 "SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors -> Selfmonitoring CCMS Agents", the CCMSPING should show green.

CSMS Selfmonitoring -> Tool Dispatching -> Messages ->

Messages Background method dispatching not possible - job does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vital

I have gone through those setting in RZ20, and RZ21 however we do seem to have a multitude of red and I am note sure where to start getting them set up or actioned. I have the following marked as red:

CSMS Selfmonitoring -> Tool Dispatching -> Messages ->

Background method dispatching not possible - job does not exist

CSMS Selfmonitoring -> Central Performance History ->General CPH status information

Data collection message No central data collection (hourly values) for system SMP Reorganization message The CPH reorganization has not been executed for a long time

MoniInfra_ARMIDALE_SMP_00 -> Tooldispatching (short running tasks)

Messages Cannot start tool CCMS_MSS_APP_SLOW_SQL

STARTUPTOOL_00026 Startup method error: CCMS_MSS_APP_SLOW_SQL (method dispatcher: SAP_CCMS_STARTUP_TOOL_DP, Time: 21.05.2008, 09:24:09, Status: LAUNCHED)

STARTUPTOOL_00033 Startup method error: CCMS_MSS_PERF_CPU (method dispatcher: SAP_CCMS_STARTUP_TOOL_DP, Time: 21.05.2008, 09:24:09, Status: LAUNCHED)

STARTUPTOOL_00034 Startup method error: CCMS_MSS_PERF_DATACACHE (method dispatcher: SAP_CCMS_STARTUP_TOOL_DP, Time: 21.05.2008, 09:24:09, Status: LAUNCHED

STARTUPTOOL_00035 Startup method error: CCMS_MSS_PERF_IOSTATS (method dispatcher: SAP_CCMS_STARTUP_TOOL_DP, Time: 21.05.2008, 09:24:09, Status: LAUNCHED)

STARTUPTOOL_00036 Startup method error: CCMS_MSS_PERF_PROCACHE (method dispatcher: SAP_CCMS_STARTUP_TOOL_DP, Time: 21.05.2008, 09:24:09, Status: LAUNCHED)

STARTUPTOOL_00058 Startup method error: WS: SRT_Data_Collector (method dispatcher: SAP_CCMS_STARTUP_TOOL_DP, Time: 21.05.2008, 09:24:09, Status: LAUNCHED)

SMP\CCMS database self-monitoring\... -> Database self-monitoring

SQL Server create_mss_space_mgmt: function call SALI_MT_GET_TID_BY_NAME failed with exception NAME_NOT_FOUND. Affected MTE: ., Red 21.05.2008 , 09:24:09

I think I will need to get this fixed first - I am just suprised we have all of these errors when we have only installed the CCMSPING service?

An help or advice would be great

Thanks

Phil

vital_anderhub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

O.K. you are now looking at the "CCMS_Selfmonitoring" tree. Somehow it is normal that you see some red entries here. The important one is the sub-tree "CCMS Agents". In the subtree you should see the CCMSPING agent you have installed. In the further subtree you should see entires like: Description, Status, Heartbeat, Availability, Agent Version, Details, and List of CENs. At least the "Status" should show green.

If not, it seems that the CCMSPING is not installed correctly and you should follow again the setup for the CCMS agent in SAP Help: <http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/38/9e3337d7840ffee10000009b3810a5/frameset.htm>.

Please also have a look at the CCMSPING chapters of the "Monitoring Setup Guide" <https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f08287c4-a4ee-2a10-b0a2-c863755fdb94>

Best Regards, Vital

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, basically the alerts in RZ20 are still red but it might not be to bad at the moment. However I had noticed that the Activate Background Dispatching and the Activate Central System Dispatching were running in Client 001 not 000. Now they have been cancelled and resubmitted all is green.

Thanks again Vital

Answers (0)