cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the diffrece in KNA1 table name (tech. name:NAME1 and MCOD1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Guru's,i m confusing of the in customer table KNA1 of maintain the two names,in customer master point of wher to maintain the the two fields NAME1&MCOD1

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raju

in KNA1 table

NAME1 is for Name of the Customer

MCOD1 is for Search name.

In XD01 when you are creating a customer it will ask for a search key,just give that search key name.you will get the

Customer number.

Please reward points if found helpful.

Thanks and regards,

Rajeshwar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, u r saying correct,but where to maintain the name,my user problem only one customer not maintain so wher to maintain the name.plz help me...

Former Member
0 Kudos

MCOD1 is maintained by the system and is the first 25 characters of NAME1 but in uppercase.

This field is used for searching by matchcode and the system converts the search term to uppercase before comparing it to MCOD1.

If NAME1 is "John Smith Manufacturing Ltd" then MCOD1 will be "JOHN SMITH MANUFACTURING ". When searching by NAME1, you could enter, for example jOhN SMitH* or JoHn sm* and neither would match John Smith ..... but the system will convert them to JOHN SMITH* which will match to MCOD1.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

my problem is only one customer only not maintain the searchterm(mcod1)where to maintain how this problem solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very interesting !! As far as I know, MCOD1 is not changeable directly. Have you tried changing NAME1 and seeing if MCOD1 updates ??

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,i m not tried there is no authorzation so that u can provided any solutions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See OSS note 544868, this seems to reflect your problem and has a correction program.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if you feel this following answer solve your query please reward with points.

The the two fields we have to maintain table kna1 that is general data in customer master

so one field in that name1 consist of the discription as the name of the customer you will in xd01, another field search term mcod1 this will give the search term

Example: name1 starts with some xyz

search term if you main tain as x

whenever you want to search the customer name through either of this . This is the use of this fields.

Thanks & Regards

rack29

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,u r saying point of that search terem one seprate field name

SORTL my problem where to maintain the MCOD1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rack29,u r saying correct,but where to maintain the MCOD1.that is i want the solution.