cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with workflow approval BADI- BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are running SRM 5.5 Classic Scenario.

We have activated "BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI" for n-step approval process of shopping carts. From a certain period of time I am facing the following problem: when a user, with defined output limit in the extended attributes, creates shopping cart below this limit, the shopping cart instead to be ordered immediately stays in status u201CIn your inboxu201D and there is a message in the field "notes for approval" that the user WF-BATCH is not assigned in the organizational structure, and the item status is u201Cawaiting approvalu201D. Although, if you go to approval preview, the message is that no approval is required, the shopping cat is sent for approving to the manager.

It is very strange, because workflow user has never been assigned to the organizational structure and the other strange thing is that this problem exists in all SRM systems (development, quality and training).

We tried to debug the BADI, and we couldn't find any problem. The BADI first checks the spent limit of the user (which is the set output limit in the extended attributes of that user) and because the validation is ok (the value of the shopping cart is below the spent limit) the process stops. But at the same time the shopping cart is sent for approving to the first manager.

Has anybody of you faced this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Desislava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check if the BADI is setting the flag "NO_FURTHER_APPROVAL_NEEDED" to "X" incase there was no approval required.

Regards,

Mohammedi

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not clear you issue. It should be without approval in your case but the workitem is sent to manager. Is it your issue?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Yes, this is my issue, that the shopping cart is sent to the manager for approving! And at the same time when the user is checking the status of the shopping cart -the status is"In your inbox" and the status of the item is "awaiting approval". When you go to item details-> to additional specification tab(field), a system message is generated in the field "notes for approval" and the message is "Cannot find org unit for user WF-BATCH". In my opinion that means that the system is searching for WF-batch as approver. Let me briefly tell you how the BADi works, first validates the spent limit of the user if the value of the shopping cart is below then the shopping cart should be sent directly to r/3 system and a PO should be created. If the value is above, the system start checking to which organizational unit the users belongs, and after that determines the first approver!

Hope it is more clear for you!

Thanks

Desislava

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Desislava,

I think you should do the check on the spending limit in the start condition. I think that is the normal way. When the value is below the spending limit you start the automatic approval otherwise the n-level.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

We have activated workflow WS14000133 Approval Shopping Cart n-Level BADI. But actually I think that we have not maintained any starting conditions for this workflow. I checked in transaction swb_procurement and there is no starting condition for this workflow WS14000133. So, your suggestion is to maintain starting condition for the spent limit for this workflow in transaction swb_procurement?

Thanks,

Desislava

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I think that would be the way to go.

Regards,

Martin