cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idocs from R/3 to Gentran Intergration Suite

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using an sap suite adapter to connect to r/3.Inbound sends idoc to r/3 and it is working fine.In outbound r/3 to gentran.It is placing the files in unix directory wherein it needs to trigger an Business process of Gentran.

In WE21.(in outbound trigger this is command file )Can any one through the light on command file how it is and an example of it so that we can make it point to our Business process.so that is it automatically triggered when the idoc is avaliable.

IT is RFC.

Thanks and Regards,

Guru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187506
Contributor
0 Kudos

Not totally clear.

Are you trying to get SAP to pass instructions to Gentran to get it to pick up the file?

If this is the case SAP does not need to do anything. In the Gentran's mailbox setings you can define an inbound mailbox to poll or monitor a directory to collect any files that hit this directory and begin processing.

In this scenario SAP only writes the file to the target directory. Gentran looks after the balance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for the reply.GIS has a SAPSuite adapter which can automatically trigger the Business process from GIS end when ever the IDOC is recived at PORT.

My scenerio is R3 to GIS.(business processed to be trigerred in GIS by sap automatically when it drops IDOC)

In we21 their is outbound trigger in which logically I feel in command file field we cna give the script to point to Busines process.

Can you please let me know how what that script is.

The solution of Polling yes we can do but the business is raises a quesiton why can we use the existing functionality ?

regards

former_member187506
Contributor
0 Kudos

In my experience, most Gentran SAP setups use collection mailboxes (polled directories) to get data into Gentran. It is quick, easy to set up, and part of the standard Gentran functionality.

It is how we handle all outbound from SAP idocs.

For Inbound idocs we use the SAP adapter to update status, etc.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the quick replies.

We are having GIS 4.3 .Can you please let me know which Gentran version you are using ?

Can you please elaborate so that I can try doing that too..

Regards

former_member187506
Contributor
0 Kudos

We are 5.0 Gentran server for windows.

Reward points if helpful.