cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while Saving Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

When i am trying to Save the Project in CJ20N i am getting an information message that there in "Error in commitment check".

System is not allowing me to save the project.

Kindly help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks

JS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems that PR,PO commitment is exceeding the budget alloted. Please check your budget,actuals,commitment(PR,PO)

This will help you resolve your problem

Regards

Abhijit Sen

jens_schmid4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JS.

CJ20N is doing a LUW with a COMMIT WORK when pressing the SAVE button. I guess this is ment with commitment in the error message. Does this message have a numer as well?

One possibility to solve such a thing always is going to debugging and setting a breakpoint at MESSAGE. First check if you have done the correct entries in the transaction though.

Best regards.

Jens Schmid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the error message no is CO634.

Thanks

JS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The message says "Error in commitment check (see costing log)". Did you check the costing log as suggested in earlier post? What does the log say?

Regards

jens_schmid4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Oops. Lost in translation. I have a system in German language. Commitments.

There is the possibility that you have an error in order commitments that is not worth tracing. You can check in table COOI with the object number of the corresponding WBS element. You'll find it in table PRPS.

If this is the case, excecute report RKANBU01, then excecute report RKACOR04 and finally rebuild the project info database (transaction CJEN) for this project.

Best regards.

Jens Schmid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am also getting the same error..

I have created the project, network costing done, Budgeting done through CJ30, budget released through CJ32.

There is long lead materials attached to generate PR for preliminary requirement for advance procurement.

Now When I am trying to release and save the project I am getting the error CO634

When I checked the detailes in log it is showing the error

E BP 603

Item 010 WBS Elemnt XX.XX.XXXX budget exceeded.

Any idea what could be the reason..

There is commitment management activated from CO.

I have run CJBW and removed the availablity control, then this message is not coming.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanking you.

Best Regards,

Abdul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I found SAP Note: 431200.

But it is applicable for 4.6c, where as I am in ECC 6.0

Any advise, how to solve it..

Thanking you

Best Regards,

Abdul.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the assigned value of that WBSE might be higher than the released budget. So provide sufficient budget to the WBSE

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JS / Hi Abdul,

The error message itself have the answer. You are exceeding the budget limit.

In you project your commitment value is more than the budget value for the said project.

If you are creating the PR / reservations please check the value is withing the budget.

i.e. Budget is 1000 INR

Already assigned value is 500 INR so available budget is 500 INR

You are trying to create new PR / reservation for 600 INR which more that the available budget value.

then Sytem will give the same error which you are getting.

Abdul, when you executed CJBW then system deactivated the availablity control so budget check was not happened. Budget check will whenever the availability control is active.

Hope this clarify your problems.

regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmad / Pradeep,

In my case Budget is available, but still getting the error..

Please Refer: SAP Note: 431200.

This note is for the same type of error, but only applicable 4.6c

Thanks

Abdul.

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Try to run RKANBU01 for your project.

After that CJEN and then CJBN.

Try this and revert back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

Thanks for the reply..

I am getting the same error system not allowing to save the project.

Thanks..

Abdul

SAP Note 431200 - FM Account Assignment not passed to network activities

Symptom

If WBS elements with network activities assigned were created before the Budget Management Module was installed in a system, the FM Account Assignment on the WBS element is not passed to the activities; although the FM Account Assignment of the WBS element is visible via the activity header.

A result of this is that purchase requisitions cannot be created for material components that are assigned to such activities; and message CO634 is given when the network is saved, while error message FI313 is written to the cost calculation log.

But this note is applicable to 4.6c, I am in ECC 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems to be budget related error. Goto Extras->Logs->Cost calculation and see the detailed message.

Regards