cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep a history of the values entered in an inputfield

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an input field where i will enter the data and move into the next screen.If i come back i want to have the history of the previous entered data if i keep the cursor in the inputfield.

can anyone plz help me out

Regards

Padma N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can create variables in the implementation in which one holds current data and other holds previous data.

And can be shown as tool tip to input field

nikhiL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nikhiL,

Is it that i have to create 2 context values which holds the previous data and the current data.But the previous data node should be mapped to the tooltip of the input field

Can you give me any exapmle pdf that implemented this functionality.

Regards

Padma N

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can do in that way too.

1. Create two attributes previous, current

2. initialize previous with "empty"

3. before setting current, the data in current is set to previous ( say in OnAction which navigates to other view)

hope you understand

nikhiL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here my requirement is not to hold only one previous value.It is to hold all values that enterd in that application.if i entered values that start with 7 5 times and if i came back to that view again and if i enter 7 then all the values which we enterd with 7 previously has to come down as dropdown

Regards,

Padma N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a stack and put the values to it.

And in the exit method try to emty the stack.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj,

How to show those values at runtime.At runtime if i click "j"all the data that started with j has to be come down as dropdown to that input field

Regards

Padma N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi padma,

It may not be possible in wdj. becuase you cant raise any event onclick for input field.

other possiblility is use [EVS|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2833ce90-0201-0010-f1af-d3cfe1155b16] (value help).

as said by ayyapparaj keep your previous values in stack. and use those values as input to EVS.

Regards,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

If i use EVS it shows data as key value pair.

And the problem is BY entering value 7 and on clicking in the input filed with the mouse it has to show the drop down with the values previously enterd starting with 7.

Can u plz help me out

Regards

Padma N

Answers (0)