cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server not starting through SAPMMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a IDES 4.7 installation. The server is working fine. But we are facing a problem. We are not able to start server from MMC. When we click on SAP SYSTEMS node in MMC it gives following error :

Snap-in-creation-failed.

The snap-in is not created, it may not be installed properly

Name : SAP Systems Manager.

But I can start the SAP system from command prompt. and system can be used without any proble.

Can anybody tell how to solve this.

Note : It was working fine earlier, it started when once server was switched off due to power failusr.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Execute / Run SAPSTARTSRV.exe, this will re-create your SAP[SID]_00 service.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

Thanks for your quick reply. I tried executing that file. It runs but after a while it gives error " services not started". It creates SAP<SID>00 service but that service does not start. I manually tried to start service. checked the User name / password specified in the service.

Can you please tell what could be the problem.

Thanks once again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I think you have not understood my problem. Actually the program which you have specified is to re-create the service. But in my case service is getting started and my SAP instance is starting from Command Prompt without any problem. My problem is I am not able to start instance through SAPMMC.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

As per my understanding , you are not able to control Start / Stop SAP instance using SAP MMC .

To overcome this problem :

1) Goto usr\sap\SID\SYS\exe\run\sapstartsrv

2) Click on sapstartsrv.exe

Specify SID, Instance number, system profile path(usr\sap\SID\SYS\profile) and click on ok

Revert back if you need further assistance.

Regards ,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh

I followed exactly the same procedure. But it creates the SAP<SID>00 service. SAPMMC remains as it is. and same error appearing in SAP MMC which I have mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the result if you access using Administrator and sidadm

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be due to a variety of reasons. To speed up your investigations just run through note 82751 and attached notes and then if you still have issue you will be able to post a lot more info here and it is very likely the note will fix your issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

By accessing using <sid_adm and administrator same error comes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. This note for old release, but may be it's helps for you situation.

Note 354595 - Error message: Snap-in failed to initialize.

P.S. Are you can open sapmmc.msc (also may be exist files like sapmmc.1.msc sapmmc.2.msc) from windows folder directly?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sergo.

That note describes the same problem I am facing. I executed the steps in the note but surprisingly the problem remains as it is. There are two files sapmmc.msc and sapmmc.1.nmsc in windows folder and I can open those from there directly but those also gives same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you in position to restart the server ?

If yes - Restart Server and then try .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check yor start profile are is good ? Also read this, i'm find now :

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=269514

Regards.