Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Module (Execution)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Kindly help me out with the below scenario

Scenario:

1) I have to "CHEKIN" a file into DMS system using XI from file system, here DOC info is already present in the DMS system.Now only CHECKIN of file has to happen in correspond to particular DOCnum,DOCtype,DOCversion.

2) To make it to work we use FM "BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKIN2"

3) Now When i use this FM IN se38 and run it executes sucessfully by putting in the file ito DMS system,there is a paramter asking for file path : (We have given it the XI Server path)

For instance : "
xx.x.x.xxx\mdmtest\srinivas"

3) Now i have imported this FM into XI and done mapping for these paramters , for some elements i have put conatnt mapping , for docpath etc.

4) This is on Target (Receiver RFC Adapter) , but when i run the scenario, the Sender RFC is not picking up the same XI file path and putting it into DMS.

Doubt:

Target has : Element (Docpath) which is XI server path, will this work or donot work, suggest p.lz,When i run there is no error but file is not seen,

Kindly revert back if there is no clarity.

With regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, you are executing this FM on the DMS (R/3?) machine. Now it depends, if the system , where DMS is running can see XI's filesystem. If not, it will not work. Put the file on the DMS local filesystem and execute the FM via XI.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i run the FM on the ERP backend system using se38 (ABAP Editor) , the function module has a parameter called "BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKIN2"

lt_files-docfile = for this parameter i have given

local path of system ( Ex: c:\temp\doc.txt )

XI path folder ( Ex: '
10.x.x.15x\mdmtest\srinivas\srinipaddu.txt' )

ERP Backend system folder (Ex : '
10.x.x.1x1\sapsdn\srinipaddu.txt'

For Above three all are working fine when am executing from the SE38 of the system.

But here in XI box i have used Receiver RFC Adapter and used 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKIN2" as target interface.Some fields are given constant value using mapping , for ex: "lt_files-docfile " but when i execute in XI there is no file checked in , it shows no error when i see in "Communication channel moniotring" in RWB , but in when i see in sxmb_moni of my target system there are no messages.

i see no error , but my file in the specifed folder is not getting checked in .

kindly put u r views seeing above steps done.

thx in advnc

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you try debugging the FM to check your target system is reached...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if u have the scenario as async, it shows you no error. the error would be returned in bapiret, but if you are not using it, it disappears.

Let's review it:

When you run thye FM from R/3 in se38, it's working fine. Right?

When you use your scenario, it is not working.. SO check these things:

a, you use in the mapping same parameters as you provide in se38

b, you are connecting to R/3 using your RFC adapter, not to XI

Let me know the result please,

peter