cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapscript problem, printout result doesnt fit on other printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

i hv this problem , we already had a sapscript form printed nicely on printer A, then other department bought printer B and the printout doesnt fit on printer B ..

i have tried to shrink the font but still the changes are just too much to be made, we even hv tried to change printer B font setting but it doesnt work , can anybody plz advice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

nn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls, do not change any format you will not be able to print on your first printer.

Check if both printer use the same device type in Tcode "spad"

If not be aware device types influence the printer language, are both printer printing in the saame language either PCL or PostScript (PS) if not change one of your printers to at least print in the same language better use the same devicetype.

Test again and let me know what are the results?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I've changed the printer device type to be the same with the initial one, but it didnt work, still the layout looks expanding, where to find the setting for PCL or postscript

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Michael,

can u please clarify how to check on printer language

Former Member
0 Kudos

printing is SAP is controlled by the device typ (see transaction SPAD)

SAP provides PCL DeviceTypes which create a PCL datastream, if devicetype and your printer "MATCH" then each print (same printrequest in SAP) MUST show the same result!

Tell me the devicetype you have choosen and the printer (physic al Hardware)you are using.

Most of the device types are PCL. To check that select Transaktion "spad", select all your printers with "*", now go to your printer A and klick on the devicetype and look in the field "driver" here you MUST have the same as on your printer B........

If Printer A and Printer B are identical then reprint from "sp01" the job which had problems. He MUST be identical now, otherwise your 2 printers are NOT identical implemented in SAP!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Have changed the Settings in SCOT for the printer B.

2.The fonts and Tray size need to set for the Printer B.

Regards,

Shiva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what exactly doesnt fit? are the fonts too large? or the layout ruined? Please clarify.

Tyken

Former Member
0 Kudos

the layout is not ruined, it becomes expanding and wider so it doesnt fit the paper

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

change page format u have in script , according to ur printer and layout should be fit in that.

this will resolve ur problem.

or give paper in printer of suitable type so it can have complete layout print.

reward if helpful.

Edited by: sachin sharma on May 20, 2008 8:49 AM