cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection plan for all materials GOODS Receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi qm experts,

I have a scenario. How could I make an inspection plan which covers all materials with variable base unit of measure. Its because my client is using winlims for their results recording. I want to create only one inspection plan to incorporate all materials for assignment, how could I make this one. I hope anybody could answer my question.

Regards,

Edsel matildo

QM Consultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No amol..what i mean is in the task list header. since the task list unit of measure is a required field on that. they should be consistent with the base unit of measure in the material master for a specific materials to be assigned in the inspection plan??my client don't need to attach any characteristics for that inspection plan because they are linked/interface into LIMS.

Thus, one inspection plan with task list usage goods Receipt can do for all materials..How could I do about this???

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

UOM as used in the task list MUST match the Base UOM of the material.

In your case, you need one plan for each UOM you'll be using. Then the materials must be assigned to the appropriate plan that matches the materials Base UOM.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got u : u can assign only those material which are having common base unit of measure

And even if u want to use single inspection plan then u have to specify conversion rule in the material master of which u want to assign

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for all your replies. that's what also i thought even when i ask the question..tnx again...il have to group them according to their base UOM...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u r talking about dufferent unit measure ( not bas unit of measure) for all material then it is not possible

But if it different base unit of measure

It is simple u go to the creted inspection plan and assign this quality plan from material assignment tab to all material which are having different base unit of measure

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean that if the unit of measure is in mass like grams; it cannot be assigned to a material with a unit of measure in volume which is in liters??

however, if i assign materials with same unit of measure like mass whether it is in grams or kilograms or in tons, it is possible. do i need to create a conversion for all these materials in material master for them to be used in an inspection plan, or without conversion in material master it can be??

pls confirm..thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Say u have different materials with different base unit of measure ( kg / ltr / ea / pc / --- -

etc ) And u have assigned all these material in qulity plan having only one unit of measure (say mm )for characterisrics then there is absolutely no need to maintain conversion rule for all these

Beacuse base unit of measure is different and unit of measure is different .

Note Conversion rule is only required if ur using alterenate base unit of measure

Amol