cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Connector 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are using BC 4.7 and we want to move BC 4.7 installation to an another server with all the configurations.

Please let me know whether there is any dicument to follow or sequence of steps that i need to follow to move the BC to new server.

Regards

Bimal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer to this document

[http://www.techboy.co.uk/misc%5CSAP%20Business%20Connector%5C4.7%5CBusiness%20Connector%5COfficial%20SAP%20Documentation/SAP%20BC%204.7%20Adapter%20Guide%20-%20SAPBCSapAdapterGuide.pdf]

**********Reward points if found useful

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Haven't seen any such doc. BC developments are divided into two parts. Design part in BC Developer and Configuration part on BC Server.

Design part are developed as packages. U may export the package from the source server, and paste it in the Inbound folder of the target server. Then goto the server -> package management -> Install inbound release -> select ur package and install

In my opinion, u have to redevelop the routing roules and other runtime configurations in ur new server

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

Thanks for your reply, Now i can move packages as you have explained.

Please check anyone can help on the following aslo.

Is there any easy way that i can move configurations also to the new server?

Regards

Bimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, when BC 4.8 will be released, there will be also be a Transfer Package released on SAP Marketplace. With that, you can easily transfer configuration and transaction data from one server to another (also from 4.7/4.6 to 4.8).

Until this time, copy the following manually: (relative from your BC server directory)

1. configuration:

config/.

packages/WmPartners/config/. except xtn.log and xtn_audit.log

packages/SAP/config/.

packages/WmDB/config/.

packages/WmPublic/config/.

packages/WmRoot/config/.

packages/WmSamples/config/.

packages/WmWin32/config/.

2. transactional data (optional, if you like)

packages/WmPartners/config/xtn.log

packages/WmPartners/config/xtn_audit.log

packages/WmPartners/pub/mailbox

This will work. It will transfer everything: routing rules, SAP configuration and so on. No need to re-enter that from scratch.

CSY

Edited by: Christian Sy on May 20, 2008 5:34 AM