cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid duplication of folders(Structure Elements) in a Project in Sol Man

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

How can i avoid duplication of folders(structure elemenst) in a project in Sol Man in Business Blueprint Phase. For eg. I have a Business Scenario. Under it I have many folders, But when I try to create another folder with the same name it gets created leading to duplication of folder.Is there any way I can avoid this duplication.

Urgent..Plz reply soon

Thanks

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

To my knowledge, there is no way to prevent this from happening in standard SolMan.

However, if your worry is within a given Business Scenario, I really doubt how many Functional Consultants will end up with creating such duplicates. Chances are very low.

On the contrary, if there are 'reusable' Business Processes that must occur under various Scenarios, there is another way I would suggest to go with:

Create one or more Business Scenarios for the sake of defining 'library of Business Processes'. Let them be defined in a complete fashion, with all documentation assignments, config/ dev/ test case assignments etc. in SOLAR01/02.

Now create the actual Business Scenarios under these library holding Scenarios. Copy + Inser these Processes to compose those actual scenarios, by referring to the documents instead of copying.

This way, all possible Processes would get defined only once, under the library, with very little scope for duplication.

Occassionally, if still suspect duplicates may have crept in, you can use an appropriate report from SOLAR_EVAL and get it exported to Excel and do sorting, filtering etc. and identify the extra ones.

Feel free to ask for any further clarification.

Cheers,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini

Thanks for your views.Solar_eval report is good alternate way to track duplicate folders.If you come to know, how we can avoid duplication directly in Sol Man, then plz let me know.

Regards

Vivek