cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up alerts for Master Data inconsistency between DP and SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to set up such alerts so that when time comes for Release of Demand Plan to SNP, there are minimum kickouts. Does anyone know of a standard Function Module and alert type to be used?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by: Rao Rallapalli on May 19, 2008 10:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In one of my Past SNP Projects ... after Go-Live learnings of several months ... we developed a DP-SNP Consistancy Check ABAP Report (a Development) which had the option to report all product-locations or could highlight only ERRORs where Forecast difference was more than 1 Cs (or a chosen selection parameter Quantity).

The Report was highly successfull ... and was scheduled to run daily in the night before the SNP Runs ... users see the Log of that report to identify Products that are not properly setup in R3 and APO in SNP so that the Demand is not passing to SNP for planning sourcing.

The Development of ABAP Report requires knowledge of how to Extract data via ABAP from both DP Planning areas and SNP Orders LiveCache ... function modules which can be found if you debugged SNP94 & SDP94 transactions. We have developed "Accelerators" for such Reporting in our Center Of Excellence.

So no standard way. Even a Custom BADI Macro in DP to throw the Alert would be a piece of ABAP Code. The Problem with Alerts is most users do not get habituated post go-lives to go look for Alerts. Of course the alerts can be send on emails which leads to another problem of too many emails. As a result we felt it safe to build a ABAP Report. As I said the report has been highly successfull in finding and eliminating discrepancies in Demand between DP & SNP.

Development takes time ... but still it is rewarding. If you decide to go down this path of development I can provide more technical information on ABAP Function Modules later.

Hope you find this answer usefull. Reward points if you do.

Regards,

Ambrish Mathur

Former Member
0 Kudos

All respondents:

Thanks for the enthusiastic responses. I am leaning towards a nightly Report to be published to concerned Business Users to alert them to take corrective action in good time. I appreciate all your help.

Thanks a lot.

Rao Rallapalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish:

Thanks for your detailed response. I would appreciate if you could forward the FMs needed for this. I can find these as well, but it would save me some time if you could.

Thanks.

Rao Rallapalli

Edited by: Rao Rallapalli on May 21, 2008 3:07 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

For SNP Orders Data Extract from LiveCache use the Function ... '/SAPAPO/OM_PEGID_GET_IO'.

For Demand Planning Time Series Data Extract from LiveCache use the Function ... /SAPAPO/TS_DM_GET.

We've used both these Functions in several ABAP Reports to get data straight out of LiveCache without going the BW way.

The Usage Formats of the Functions are described below. Of course you will still have to use 'Where-Used List' of these Functions to Figure out how to populate the structures before making the function call. Also there are many Functions you need to call to ensure you validate the Planning Area, Bucket Profile, Product-Locations, KeyFigures etc. that you pass as selections to these functions.

Once DP & SNP Data is Extracted, you can point discrepancies by TimeBucket as Errors in your ABAP Report for DP-SNP Demand Consistancy Check.

GoodLuck ! You are embarking on a New journey to making LiveCache data extracted reports in ABAP and you wil need to work with a Good Experienced ABAPPER.

Hope this helps. Reward Points if it does.

Regards,

Ambrish Mathur

• Extract Orders LiveCache Data

CALL FUNCTION '/SAPAPO/OM_PEGID_GET_IO'

EXPORTING

IS_GEN_PARAMS = LV_PARAMS

IV_SIMSESSION = LV_SIMSESSION

IT_PEGAREA = IT_PEGID

IV_START_TIME = LV_STARTTIME

IV_END_TIME = LV_ENDTIME

IS_EXCLUDE = LS_EXCLUDE

IS_EXCLUDE_FIELDS = LS_EXCLUDE_FIELDS

IMPORTING

ET_IONODES = L_IO_PP_TAB3

ET_RC = ERROR_TABLE

EXCEPTIONS

LC_CONNECT_FAILED = 1

LC_COM_ERROR = 2

LC_APPL_ERROR = 3

OTHERS = 4.

• Get correct TimeSeries LiveCache Information

CALL FUNCTION '/SAPAPO/TS_DM_GET'

EXPORTING

IV_PAREAID = P_AREA

IS_PERIOD = LS_PERIOD

IS_READ_OPTIONS = LS_READ_OPTS

IT_SELECTION = LT_SELECTION

IT_GROUP_BY = LT_GROUP_BY

IT_KEYFIGURES = LT_KEYF_LV

IMPORTING

ET_TAB = LT_TAB

ET_PLOB_VALUES = LT_PLOB_VALS

ET_CHAR_TEXT = LT_CHAR_TEXT " SCM 5.0 Upgrade

ET_MESSAGES = LT_MESSAGES " SCM 5.0 Upgrade

ET_TMP_PLOB_REL = LT_TMP_PLOB_REL " SCM 5.0 Upgrade

CHANGING

CT_LINES = LT_LINES

CT_COLS = LT_COLS

EXCEPTIONS

AREA_INVALID = 1

INVALID_INTERFACE = 2

NO_MASTER_DATA = 3

CUSTOMIZING_ERROR = 4

INVALID_DATA_STATUS = 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish:

Thanks for your response.

Rao Rallapalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rao,

I think there is no standard function to identify the missing CVCs when you compare DP and SNP..

We did a developement in one of my projects..

There the challenges were, some times, DP to SNP releaze job used to get cancelled due to mismatch of CVCs..

For this we did a developement,

steps are like this:

1) Compare the product, location CVCs in DP with SNP location product values from MATLOC table..

2)If there are any new/extra CVCs in DP, check whether that CVC has any forecast value.

3) If forecast exists for that, then upload that CVC into SNP using a BAPI for creating Loaction products..

4) If no forecast is available for that CVC, then delete that CVC.

This job, we used to run before the DP 2 SNP releaze.

Hope this may help you...

I think, many of the implementations have this custom developement..I dont know whether any standard SAP function has been nuilt for this these days..

thanks

Umamahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

For one of our client, we also developed one program... and Prepared a list of the missing CVC location wise, this list we use to send to the process owner as a alert.. before release it to the SNP. Specially for weekly release DP forecast to SNP.. Sothat Process owner can analyse the details and take the corrective action... we not included the automatic process of deletion or creation of the CVC... as the process are still new.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Umamahesh:

We don't want to create SNP Master Data in APO directly. This product-location record needs to be created thru CIF as product and location do exist in R3. It may be as simple as modifying the integration model to include this in CIF. What we wanted to do was to be proactive and set up alerts even as Demand Planning uses the CVCs to plan, so that concerned business users take action to ensure that CIF sends the product-location record to APO from R3 well before we are ready to release Demand Plan to SNP.

When creating new CVCs for Demand Planning, the BADI can check existence of SNP Master Data (product-location) and if none exists, create an alert. I guess my problem is how do I get the created alert to show up in alert monitor. What steps are needed for this? I need step by step guidance for this from anyone who knows how to create custom alerts.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks , Anjali:

When you say you sent alerts, did you mean send an email wih details or did you set up alerts which can be viewed thru alert monitor.

If it is latter, could you please give details of how you did this?

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah its a good idea to make sure this happens at source

when we create Material master in ECC... and if it going to be used in APO we also create CVCs and Product master in APO

we use a separate table entry for this and call some BAPIs in APO based on the entries there

It does check for already existing CVCs and SNP master data and also fills in values by default and by using other fields

the program also gives an option of either creating just the CVC or Prod master

We would also suggest you do a background check to check CVC entries vs the entries in the MATLOC table and send alerts to the user. Also a ECC to APO product master audit table to compare values would be helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

We wrote a program in which the list of the product in question is getting prepared and the same list use to sent to the process owner...

It is using same program...

Generated list use to send to the owner as a e-mail. This e-mail is as a alert...

If you are using any Web-based visibility tool (developed for Client) developed In that you can publish this list too..