cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Error - "field sales order must be blank"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

I get a message "Field Sales Order must be blank " when I try to bill via VF01. The confusing part is when I bill the material on a normal sales document type, it works fine with no error. When I bill that same material on a contract sales document type, I get the error.

The only things that are different are the item categories and the pricing procedure. It appears that the account determination procedure is different as well, but I don't know how to determine why the system picks one over the other. Regardless, the GL information is the same on both account determination procedures so that shouldn't matter.

I need help - I don't know why it works when I use a normal sales order but not a contract sales order. The account assigments and everything were the same in both documents.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI JJ,

I think you are confusing two things.

When you put a material on sales order document a specific item category is determined. This item category in turn determines wether an item is relevant for billing or not and if its relevant for billing then what all are mandatory fields.

Same goes for the contracts.

So the problem here is that the item category determined from contracts must be determining an item category which in turn has sales order field as mandatory.

Hence you need to check the configuration settings of the item category of the contract.

Hope this helps,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek - thanks for your reply. I've checked the item cat. config and don't see where it is making the sales order field mandatory. Do you happen to have any further info?

It seems like it is the GL master that doesn't want the sales order field populated but why would my sales order not populate this while the contract does?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear JJ

Go to VOFA, select both your billing type and compare each and every field, particularly, for the field "Document Type". I believe, for normal sales document type, this is blank and for contract, you have maintained some value. If so, remove that value and retry.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

Thanks for your response. I did the compare and the only field that was different was "doc pric. procedure." But when I made the contract billing type doc pric procedure the same as it is for sales order, it did not work either.

Could it be pricing procedure that is assigned for the contract that has something in it which could cause this error?

Regards

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JJ

I think you are doing contracts and the material you assign in contract should have item category group VCIT . and not NORM. Just check this is because of this item category grp it may take place

Secondly , while doing contracts in OVKK , you need to have a different CuPP as the standard is A , for contracts i think it is V .

Example : for contracts

sales area + V +1 = pricing procedure

Example : standard

sales area + A +1 = pricing procedure

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you kindly advise as to how you are creating your billing document i.e. what is your reference document is it order document or delivery document?

For contract, billing is order related.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamesh

It is order related. There are no deliveries.

Thanks