cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Diagram in SmartForms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have to place some dynamically generated diagram in my SmartForms report.

I do the following:

1. I create a ABAP application, that contains an cl_gui_gp_pres (Graphic Framework) UI element on a DynPro

2. After generation of diagram I call export method of this element and store it to SE78 (Administration of Form Graphics) under unical name

4. I transfer this name to SmartForms and generate the report

But I am not afraid of this solution because it

1. [SAP GUI dependent |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/d2/147a36c70d2354e10000009b38f839/content.htm](you can't call export method for BMP format for Web SAP GUI or SAP GUI for Java, ohter formats are not supported in SE78).

2. needs DynPro and can't work in batch mode

Dear experts!

Do you know an other possibility to generate a diagram for SmartForms?

Thank you in advance,

Ivan Galkin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may save those diagrams in a network directory as JPEG files and call in your smartforms.

CHeers.

...Reward if useful.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

using the IGS would be a solution that is totally independent from your SAPGUI.

Let the IGS create an image and use it for se78!

Have a look at the demo report GRAPHICS_IGS_CE_TEST. To see which chart features are available download the SAP Chart Designer from SDN.

Regards, Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kay,

Thank you for your answer. IGS is platform independent but it can't run in batch mode? [Source|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/0b/79553b066d9414e10000000a114084/content.htm]

Also I tried during 2 weeks to send a BusinessGraphic's (based on IGS) chart from a WebDynpro for Java to Adobe Interactive Forms but unsuccessful. It's my plan B - do you know how I could make it? It works with all pictures and URLs but IGS.

Thank you in advance,

Ivan

P.S. My plan C is to use JFreeChart...

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

as the IGS runs on the WebAS it surely can be used in batch mode. Have you checked report GRAPHICS_IGS*?

Regards, Kai