cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM .CSV files

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using CCM 2.0, I'm curious as to what tool others are using to create .CSV catalog files so they can be uploaded into CCM. Excel, custom Z program, 3rd party tool, MDM? I'm looking for different options.

Best regards,

Shawn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In fact, SAP has the instruction on how to create these CSV files,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/44/f0da41e09b6324e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

IA-

Thank you for the information. What tool do you use to actaully create the .CSV file, excel?

Best regards,

Shawn O'Connor

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know if I understood you correctly, You can use MS Excel or Notepad.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

IA-

Yes I realize I can create the file manually in Excel or Notepad, we do that today. What I'm asking is has anyone created a more automated approach for creating the file. For example an Excel notebook with macro's or a custom Z program or maybe even a solution from a third party? I'm trying to understand best practices when it comes to creating the CSV file. I don't want to take the time to create an Excel solution for example if there is a better way.

Best Regards,

Shawn O'Connor

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case, you can simply write an ABAP program to generate the required format and the content based on the link I mentioned in my previous thread. For exporting, SAP has a tool called CatExport for which you need to pay for the consulting service.

Regards, IA

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Tamas_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

HI Shawn,

there is a macro, which can help by the .CSV creation.

I send it you in mail.

Best Regards,

Tamá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tamas, I received your email with the SAPcat Assistant Excel Tool.

Best Regards,

Shawn O'Connor