cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trusted connection between Portal and MDM Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a MDM Connection that works fine between Portal Server and the MDM Server and I am able to pull the data from MDM to the standard iviews provided by SAP.

I now want to test this scenario. I created a trusted connection between MDM Server and the Portal Server. The userids in both the Portal server and MDM Server are the same. On the Portal, In the user mapping, I want to give ONLY the userid of the MDM and leave the password blank. The question I have, does the standard iviews (Result set or Item details etc) support a Trusted MDM Connections? Does this scenario work? Anybody tried this earlier? Please share your ideas/experience.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good question... though I feel that the matter cannot be resolved without supplying User mapping with non-blank password. This blog provides you with an alternative... /people/tobias.grunow/blog/2007/12/27/mdm-java-api-2-an-introductive-series-part-iii

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Devasish. I had a look at this blog earlier. The blog refers to using a trusted connection when you are developing your own custom code to open the trusted connection to the MDM Server. However, my question was, is there any possibility to use SAP MDM provided iViews with Trusted connection? I don't want to write any code but want to use the SAP provided iviews with Trusted connection without providing the password in the Usermapping. Would that work? If not, is there any other way we can use Trusted connection with the iViews provided out of the box with SAP MDM?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

had the same problem, couldnt get thruough so continued with the traditional way.