cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update inspection lot with new master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created an inspection lot with an inspection plan but there was an error in a formula in the inspection plan.

Now I corrected the plan but the inspection lot is still wrong. Can I somehow update the inspection lot with the new master data?

Thx,

Jessica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can access the trasaction QAC3 & reset the sample calculation. With this the sample calculation & inspection plan assigned to the inspection lot is reset. Then you may go to transaction QA02, select the inspection lot & then assign the inspection plan to the lot & then calculate sample. The new inspection plan will be assigned to the inspection lot.

Regards,

Prashant

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jess,

If you have started Result recording and then you'ave found this discrapancy, you can't correct it in that particular lot, you have to cancel teh lot, and have new one again and attach the corrected plan to it.

But If you have not started the Result recording you can, cancel assignment of Inspection plan from the Lot and then you'll be able to reassign it. The Trx you would need to perform are (in cronological order)

QA32 - to withdra approval for Lot, cancel the assignment and change teh sattus from REL to CRTD.

QAC3 - to cancel the physical sample, depending up on your insepction points.

Then again QA32 to Reassign the corrected inspection plan to the lot.

Regards,

Shyamal

0 Kudos

Hello Jessica,

dependent on the lot origin you could use the Exit QPL10001 for this purpose.

Please take into consideration that as soon as you have started recording values, the inspection lot can no longer be changed.

I hope that this information helps you resolve this issue.

Regards,

Isabelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u have already assigned the plan to the lot and later u have made changes in the plan then it is not possible to assign this to ur lot.

Only possible thing is u can cansel the material document that to when u have not recorded any results

Amol

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe this depends on wether you have started results recording yet. (status INSP) and what type of inspection lot. It might be possible in some cases to cancel the material movement that originally created the inspection lot. Then you can redo the receipt and get a new inspection lot.

If its an 03 you can delete the inspection lot via the order and then reread the routing/reciepe and then create the inspection lot from the order.

I think you'll find it all very difficult if you have recorded results.

Craig