cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc2IDoc: Keep incoming IDOC-DOCNUM - how to?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i posted the same issue some time ago.

We have IDoc2IDoc Scenario wherein we get IDoc from R/3 and send it to EDI-Manager.

Actually we are using IDoc-Tunneling and use DESADV and others.

The problem is that the EDI-Manager has to send a Status-IDoc back to R/3, referencing the original IDoc send from R/3. Therefore EDI-Manager needs the original IDoc-No. but gets a new one made by XI.

This one is generated when XI transfers the IDoc from IDoc-Receiver-Adapter to EDI-Manager.

How to solve the problem?! We need the original IDoc-Number, otherwise the Status-IDoc is not well interpreted in sender R/3!!

Can somebody give a hand to a fresher?!

br

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest having a message mapping in XI. Assuming the Idoc which comes in frm R/3 is the same as the one which goes out of XI (data segment), build a message mapping in XI map each field to its identical couterpart on target. (you would need to use the same Idoc definition for source and target message types)

Now ensure u also have the control record completely mapped.

Now in the reciever Idoc adapter comm channel .... ensure... you tick the check box

for "Apply control Record values from Payload"

Hope this helps!!

Cheers!!

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

because we use IDoc-Tunneling we don't have any mapping.

For another client we did this with mapping and with activating the "keep..." box in Receiver-CC.

So you all say that you get the IDoc number from sender and send this number to receiver AND the receiver gets the original send IDOC-No. from XI?!

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

> So you all say that you get the IDoc number from sender and send this number to receiver AND the receiver gets the original send IDOC-No. from XI?!

Yes...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

so could you provide me with everything you did to achieve this?!

What did you configure?!

I would highly appreciate your help!!!

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten

Following thread might help you if you haven't gone through

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To get the IDoc number,

Go to the required transaction((VA03/VF03/VL03N......) --> select Extras menu --> Deliver output --> Hedaer --> Select output and click on processing log.