cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration From Informix to Oracle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am planning of migration (Heterogeneous System Copy ) of my exiting SAP R/3 Ext.2 SR1 with Informix database on Windows 2000 Server to SAP R/3 Ext.2 SR1 with Oracle 10g 64 bit database on Windows 2003 R1 64 bit Server Standard Edition.

I have query about setting up the target host for the Import process. My target server is newly installed with Oracle 10g, I want to import exported informix database. Now the query is how can I import the database. I am little confuse at this step as I am doing system copy first time.

Plese suggest me on this.

Thanks,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For heterogeneous migration you need to have a certified migration consultant on-site - see http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration. Otherwise you will loose support for the target system.

To get your migration done you have to

- export your system using R3load (use the LATEST R3load and dbinfslib.dll during export)

- install W2K3, install Oracle and then use sapinst to install the system completely (do not install a complete R/3 and then try to import the export - this won't work).

For systemcopy guides check

http://service.sap.com/systemcopy

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I am doing this only for test purpose, One more query I have that I have use Migration Monitor while importing or I can only go for R3load ?

Since Migration Monitor is only available for Oracle & Informix supports only R3load.

Thanks & Regards,

Sachin

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Migration Monitor is just another "frontend" for the load. It still uses R3load. Where do you read, that it´s not supported?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I read this in the System copy guide on following link.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6945da7d-0c01-0010-1792-dd7b5d87...

Page no 63.

The Migration Monitor is currently available for Oracle only.

Thanks,

Sachin Sable

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm.. really interesting..

I've done system copies using MigMon in the past with MaxDB also... I must admit, I didn't knew that it's not "supported" but for Oracle.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Can you please suggest me some SAP Notes & more documents for Heterogeneous Sys Copy from INFORMIX TO ORACLE on R/3 4.7 Enterprise Ext 200 SR1 ?

Is the exported database is platform independant of Database & Operating System ???

Thanks,

Sachin

Edited by: Sachin Sable on Jun 2, 2008 11:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check Note 516246 - INST: System Copy for SAP Systems based on SAP Web AS 6.20

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

Thanks For your reply.

I already go through this note. I am looking for Informix specific documents.

One more thing I want to confirm that, the current Version of the Kernel is 6.20 from this I am migrating on Kernel version 6.40 in this case the system copy will be successful or I have to upgrade 6.20 to 6.40 before doing system copy??

Thanks,

Sachin

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read thread

and check my answer at "May 20, 2008 1:11 PM".

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would HIGHLY suggest upgrading to 6.40 before the migration. 6.20 is out of maintenance and the export tools (R3load etc.) won´t be updated. The newer the tools are the less is the chance that you will have problems.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WebAS 6.20 indicate basis release 6.20 ( R3 4.7 system) it is not indicate kernel version

you can use kernel 640 for R3 4.7 and right now only 640 kernel is available at service.sap.com for R3 4.7 system, 620 kernel is obsolete.

I am looking for Informix specific documents

the give note is general for all databse. there is no informix specific document. Mr. Markus is already provide you the information .

check the system copy document for R3 4.7 and note.

regards,

kaushal