cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webMethods & XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To provide the communication between webMethods server and XI server what type of RFC destination that we have to create in XI side and in webMethod side?

Thanks in Advance

kartikeya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The TYPES you need for RFC Destinations are:

IDOC - "3"(R/3 Connection)

RFC - "T" (TCP/IP connection

HTTP to EXT. sever - "G"

HTTP to R/3 - "H"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/042652488911d189490000e829fbbd/content.htm

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>To provide the communication between webMethods server and XI server what type of RFC destination that we have to create in XI side and in webMethod side?

No need for RFC destination.

Follow Vani's reply.

Only two possibilities.

1. Use SAP Adapter

2. Use open standards(HTTP or SOAP),

How to install SAP adapter in webmethods, check this link

[http://www.customware.net/repository/display/WMFAQ/HowtoinstallSAPadapter4.6onWindowsNT]

If your requirement is huge transfer of data using IDOCs & RFCs then go for SAP Adpater

or else go for open standards HTTP & SOAP..

Since your scenario is from WM>XI>ECC I guess you will be mostly using IDOCs and RFCs, so go for SAP Adapter.

Any other questions welcome.

Thanks,

Gujjeti

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on May 19, 2008 6:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't get you, can you please explain eloborate ?

Web methods is another middle ware like XI.

You want to communicate both middle wares ?

You need RFC settings then

IDOC --> Select 3

RFC --> select T

HTTP to EXT. sever --> select G

HTTP to R/3 --> select H

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kartikeya,

If your webmethods is going to use the XI adapter in its landscape then XI will use the XI Adapter to push the data to WM_XI adapter.

If your client is not willing to use the WM_XI adapter , you would need to use HTTP / SOAP adapters.

Initially WEBMethods and SAP colleborated and created a joint venture product called SAP Business Connector.Then SAP Created its own middlewear called XI.

Webmethods have set of adapters to connect with SAP so at present there is no direct connection between SAP XI and webmethods.

They both access SAP tables using RFC and IDOC.

go through this thread..it gives diff bet XI and webmethods,

THis gives how XI gonna communicate with Webmethods,

Check this blog by and Article by my colleague Abhy that describes the WB - XI Integration.

WebMethoads has provided a XI Adapter that can be plugged into WM and can be used to trigger calls to XI,

/people/abhy.thomas/blog/2007/04/19/sap-xi--webmethods-integration-150-challenges-and-migration-strategies

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/a%20case%20stud...

Reward points if this helps

Regards

Vani.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>what type of RFC destination that we have to create in XI side and in webMethod side?

Why you want to give ?

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasturi,

we are trying to get the data from wM to XI and to ECC. I am not clear about the communication between wM and XI

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WM is also a middle ware, through WM also you can connect to ECC.

Otherwise replace XI in the place of WM and connect to ECC.

May i know why are you using 2 middle wares ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

wM is receiving the data from other third party system, This is client requirement. They want to integarate both integration servers and pass the data from XI to SAP.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure we may use the third party adapter or by writing java code we may achieve this.

One more way is there, send data to one folder from web methids, from that folder data, we can retrieve by XI through file adapter.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now I understood your Question

>wM is receiving the data from other third party system, This is client requirement. They want to integarate both integration servers and pass the data from XI to SAP.

Check with the WM system in what mode they can send the message to XI depending upon that select the Adapter, If file- File Adapter, Queue- Jms Adapter, post - HTTP Adapter.

From SAP XI connect to SAP ECC If any Standard IDOC go for IDOC Adapter , If BAPI is available go ahead for RFC Adapter. Here we need to maintain RFC Destination between XI & SAP ECC.

In SAP ECC- tcode WE20 declare the partner profile for XI, tcode -we21 declare the Port, tcode -sm59 declare RFC Destination.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss