cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

can any one tell what do u mean by system landscape in sweet and short .

i like to know weather development production servers are maintained at clients place

or at implementation place.

i like to know what r the servers

maintained at client place please help me in this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

System Land Scape is nothing but while implementing SAP, normally a setup will be maintained so that the implementation process will go from scratch to golive.

Normally it consisits of

1. Develpment server (which will be further devided into Sand Box and Golden client)

2. Quality Server (Which is used to test the scenarios)

3. Production Server (which is used in realtime)

All the development, configs will be done in develpment server.

Golden client is nothing but in this server there will not be any master data, only to generate transport request numbers while doing cofig. can be used.

This requests are moved into Quality or Test Server, so that, users will test the scenarios and give their feedback. Once every thing is perfect as per the client requirements then all these will be moved to Production.

Production is real time system, where users use in their reguler business.

All the transports are moved by Basis consultants on the proper approvals from business.

All these servers are maintained at client place, and the users and consultans will access these systems through a saparate VPN (private networks) using user speicic login ids and pass words.

Hope this is clear.

Reward if helpful

Thanks

Praveen

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The servers are always maintained at the client's place. The following are the different servers in landscape.,

1. Sandbox

2. Development server

3. Quality Assurance Server

4. Production Server

2,3 and 4 are maintained in every lanscape.

In addition to the above, the landscape also includes somecases,

1. Training client

2. Sandbox

3. Preproduction server etc.,

Thanks,

Ravi