cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I'm working with MDM Data Manager and I have created a Category that Includes the subcategory: "Memory". Memory has an attribute "Capacity" linked which properties are:

Numeric, Nominal, Number of bytes, megabytes, Decimal Places: 0

Now I want to import a Excel that includes a record that belongs to this category "Memory" and that includes a text field called "Capacity" witch value is 128.

Now I want to map "capacity" source field to "capacity" destination field with import manager.

When I try to import the following error (Import status): Fail to convert value '128' in 'capacity' field.

Why?

Is it able to map category atributes?

If so, What type should be 128? text? numeric? I'm working with Excel.

Thanks!

Regards,

Marta.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

if I correctly understood your problem, you want to map the attribute value 128 to the destination field.

I assume you defined a destination structure - Taxonomy Table named "Category". The Subcategory "Memory" should be the a Branch Node and "Capacity" is an attribute.

Have you already imported the Taxonomy structure and it's attributes?

Do you use the destination structure Category[Text Values] in order to import the attibute value?

BR,

Mircea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mircea,

Yes, it's the scenario.

I have imported the taxonomy structure and I have add the attributes.

Attributes have been declared as "numeric" type and I map the text type source "Capacity" with the destination "A Capacity[nom].

Regards,

Marta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

you should map the attributes values to the destination table Category "[" Text Values "]".

"Text Values" stays in brackets [ ] but I can't trick the weird formating on this forum.

Pls tell me if it works...

BR,

Mircea

Edited by: Mircea Precup on May 19, 2008 4:43 PM

Edited by: Mircea Precup on May 19, 2008 4:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, You are right!!!

I had to map also the values if the destination field is "Test".

If destination field is numeric I can't map the values but I have to set the Measure Unit before to import. Is it correct?

Thanks a lot,

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I'm glad it worked:)

I'm not 100% sure, but to 90% I would say the UOM is mapped when you import the attributes, not the text values.

It's been a while since I imported my last taxonomy.

I don't know exactly about value mapping, but try to set the import action (update/replace/append) etc. to solve the mapping...

Edited by: Mircea Precup on May 19, 2008 5:09 PM

Edited by: Mircea Precup on May 19, 2008 5:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Mircea

Former Member
0 Kudos

no problem

Answers (0)