Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centralized clock adjustment

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i wanted to set the centralized clock adjustment by creating an appropriate monitoring configuration in transaction DEVICE_CONFIG. But neither in SP13 nor in SP14 I can select the monitoring function TIME_AGENT that I would need to set this feature.

Has anybody done it or has anybody additional information about the setting of centralized clock adjustment?

Thanks in advance,

Norbert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norbert,

In order to use this function who have to do the following pre-requisites....

1. You have assigned the mobile device to a particular time zone, and

2. The synchronization service has been configured.

For more Infromation see the below link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/1fa94e058221b4e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

( See the "Time & Date Settings" in this link ).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

thank you for your answers!

my problem still is that i don't have an entry TIME_AGENT in MEMGMT_SERVICE, even not in sp15, so i will have to open an oss message on that?

and am i right that it would only work if i used the new synchronization service of sp15, anyway?

regards,

norbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nobert

The TIME_AGENT functionality is avalible to all customers of Mobile Infrastructure only from MI 2.5 SP18 and onwards. From SP15 to SP17, it was available only to certain pilot customers. Now that SP19 has been released which is the latest release of MI, it is indeed available for all customers with unrestricted usage. Hence request you to upgrade your middleware to either SP18 or SP19 so that you can use this functionality. Also please be informed that TIME_AGENT works on both JAVA Sync Servlet as well a ABAP Sync Service. But currently TIME_AGENT doesnt behave properly when JAVA Sync Servlet is used and this is also mentioned in the Release Restriction note for MI 2.5. Hence i request you to try using TIME_AGENT with ABAP Sync Service. Also i hope that you are aware that the TIME_AGENT functionaliy is avaliable only for MI PDA Client and is not available for MI LAPTOP Client. Do let me know if further details are required.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Norbert:

I am trying to config the centralization clock and not like solving it, apparently it is the same problem and I know if you could solve it

Thank Silvia

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Norbert,

i haven't tried this particular scenario.

TIME_AGENT ,entry is in MEMGMT_SERVICE table.

prerequisites

-

You have assigned the mobile device to a particular time zone.

The synchronization service has been configured.

(but we are using the SyncServlet of the J2EE engine for synchronization.)

here the problem is , we have to configure the synchronization service .

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Norbert,

can you give us more details about your enviroment? What Handhelds, Mobile Engine Version, Backend System?

Regards

Gregor

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor,

Client Version is MI25 SP13 Patch 07, Middleware/Backend is WebAS 6.40 SP13. The handhelds used are Psion Workabout Pro's with CE.net 4.2.

The table entry TIME_AGENT in table MEMGMT_SERVICE is missing, so we can't even create a configuration template as described in https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/%7Eform/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700005307602005E

Regards,

Norbert

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

Any new ideas on that?