cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently we migrated SAP 4.0B version from V5R2 to V5R4 sucessfully except transport problem.

We faced Transport issue in Production Server.

In QAS & DEV instance(single server) we are not facing any issue.

The Central system is DEV.

The whole /sapmnt/trans directory have in DEV server (full permission given and shared).

From Production server I have one SYMLNK in /usr/sap/trans. But if I take display option 5, it showing object not found message.

Kindly advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jibin

Please make sure that the passwords for your SID<nn> and SID<OFR> for your production system are the same on the DEV server, as it uses these. If these PRD users are not there on your DEV server, this will not work.

If they are not there, please create them on your DEV serevr with the same passwors as those on the PRD server..

After creating them, a good test will be to go to AL11 on your PRD server and then try to access your /usr/sap/trans.

If you are able to access it and see the file, then most probably, everything is OK..

Let us know, if you need any other help.

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

All the user IDs are in DEV and PRD servers passwords are same. In DEV server have PRDOFR userprofile and PRD server have DEVOFR userprofile.

Today I create one folder in /QFileSvr.400/<Devlopment Host name> after that am able to access the trans folder from PRD server in OS Level.

But am not able to access from the SAP application level, I checked through the transaction Al11 /usr/sap/trans. Message showing ACCESS DEENIED.

where i need to give permission to access this folder?

I agree, if it is happen. trans will work.

waiting for your reply

Thanks

Jibin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jibin,

What about the SID<nn> user? That's the guy talking to the OS from SAP.

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=11994560&messageID=5392434

Best,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jibin

Couldn't agree more with Bernd..

You did not mention anything about the SDI<nn> user which i mentioned..

You also have to take care of that....

Hope that helps...

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SID<nn> passwords also changed in Both the server.

One SID<nn> profile Disabled in OS level. so the problem came.

SID<nn> Profile Enabled in DEV server, Now problem solved

Thanks for your reply

Thanks

Jibin.