cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Item category determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends ,

I need to do a manual item category determination for the third party item ,as the material is not always a trading item, so the item category group is maintained as NORM in the material master and trying to change the Item category determination via VOV4

As I am looking to have the below combination

(ZZOR + NORM + + = TAN + TAS + TAB) the system triggers error message ...the key already exists but when I checked there was no assignment like this ...even I tried to change the item category manually to TAS in the sales order ....its not accepting.

The only way I could find is just deleting the existing entry ((ZZOR + NORM + + = TAN + TAP + TAQ+TANN) and making the changes as (ZZOR + NORM + + = TAN + TAS + TAB). Now I am able to change the item category to TAS manually in the sales order.

I dont think this as the right option.So pl let me know how cani go with this.

Thanks

Ivy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy,

You can go ahead with that no issue,

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you have said "system triggers error message ...the key already exists but when I checked there was no assignment like this ...even I tried to change the item category manually to TAS in the sales order ....its not accepting"

Check in table T184 for the item category determination for the above combination .

Regards

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You are trying to make changes to the assignment related to the BOM.

Please check for this combination - ZZOR + NORM + + = TAN and add TAS in the manual item category field and save it.

Now in the sales order you will be allowed to change the TAN to TAS.

Thanks,

Ravi