cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF- SapConsole only for WM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

i would like to know if standard R/3 transactions for RF-terminals exist olny for WM module.

For exemple we need to execute a good receipt for purchase order or a transer by a reservation.. without implementing WM. Is it possible or we need ABAP-programs?

Thanks

Massimo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Massimo,

I would like to know if standard R/3 transactions for RF-terminals exist olny for WM module.

For exemple we need to execute a good receipt for purchase order or a transer by a reservation.. without implementing WM. Is it possible or we need ABAP-programs?

Mobile data entry is mainly developed to carry out the transactions which are used for managing warehouse. Most of the warehouse transactions are supported with MDE, but these are the std transaction and may not be VERY useful for all the clients so you need some modification in this.

IM level transaction is not supported by MDE i.e. GR against PO, GI against reservation etc. You need to develop this program using the ABAP and it should be competible for Hand held device or Forklift mounted device (i.e. screen size should be 16X20 or 8X40).

We have developed some IM level transactions and assigned these transactions to the menu to use in handheld.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Massimo,

You need to develop your own RF transaction but you dont need to implement WM as a prerequisite of using the MDE (mobile data entry) infrustructure.

Regards, Ziv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ziv and thanks,

Do you know any documents on "how to configure" mobile data entry?

thanks Massimo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would use sometechnical elements from the MDE such as error utilization and screen objects but I dont see further need in any configuration. The only configuration I would use is maintaining RF user in LFRMD. You can also consider using the RF menu but its definately not a must. unfortunately I dont have any documents in this regard. Regards, Ziv.