cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point system

Former Member
0 Kudos

The point system is stupid. We experts know each other. We do not need those point hunters. Please discard the system immediately. Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marilyn,

are you trying to critizise my comment? If so, please note that I do not like the way certain moderators handle professional input. If you find my tone too rude, then I have to apologize. But my critic is profound.

What I really despise about your comment is that you imply that I am unexperienced and stupid. The way you talk one may talk to children.

Nevertheless, I will edit my last valueable contribution. But you should think about your behaviour and tone. You are not being polite by trying to exaggerate politeness!!! I am not too old for this forum!

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Our cultural norms might be a bit different. Although we probably have more in common than one might guess. We both are interested in quality. We both say what we think. As a grandmother I'm also thinking: if you are too old for the forums, what should I say :-).

But seriously, I get that you think professional and personal are two very distinct and disparate areas. That's one cultural difference between us (although I actually am struggling with this as well, because quite frankly, my generation clearly made those distinctions and I constantly question the manner of blending the two here and elsewhere).

There is another major difference between us, though. You lump together inexperienced and stupid. I would profusely apologize if and when I make someone feel stupid or if they see that in my attitude. That is wrong. But being inexperienced is something all of us can be in a new territory. I learn from my younger colleagues here constantly, who are my mentors. And I hope I am never too old for new territory.

There is room here for critique, directness, professional demeanor.

I welcome that color you bring. When we lose the ability for those we lose our legitimacy.

But I also think having appreciation for a different culture or opinion is what gives community its life.

This is a community and its called that for a reason.

I would be bored to death living solely in documentation and without lively stories and lively personalities and lively illustrations to match them and make them come to life. I would, at my ripe old age, tend to forget any of the "rules" or solutions without great didactic aids.

I taught ABAP for many years and until I unlocked the story secret, I felt my lessons were less memorable. I am happy to say that there are some folks who remember me as a teacher and not too unkindly.

The people here provide the color to enrich and reinforce the learning.

But that is only my opinion. You are most welcome to yours.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk, I like your style. You have humour. A trait the others here lack!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Be careful on the personal insults, what you complain about you yourself are doing.

This is a WARNING to all those involved in this thread, we will abide by the ToS and Guidelines and take action - remain civil!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nigel,

personelly I regret the tone of your statement. On the substantive issues I will consider its merits.

If you imply, that I discriminate against children in other countries, I must advice you, that this is not a space free of law. Such an insult may be prosecuted!

Nigel_James
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian I am sorry that you took my comments in such a way. I was merely making a suggestion based on your dislike of the points system and extending that thought to one of the benefits of the point system.

Also I am thinking that if you attack everyone who tries to engage with you then you will very soon not find anyone who wants to engage with you.

Kind regards,

Nigel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, this is definetly the most aggressive community I ever attended.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then you should see us in real life !!!

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, this is definetly the most aggressive community I ever attended.

Really? I have been here for the last 3 years and never had that feeling...Nigel comment was kinda ironic not aggresive...You don't have to take everything so personnal...

I meet most of the top contributors in real life, and they all are good friends to me...That's why sometimes we make so hard jokes to each other...We feel SCN like family...And maybe that's why be assume that eveyone is going to take our jokes like they are...Of course, not eveyone is the same...What is a joke to me, can be an attack to other...

Anyway....I have read all the comments on this post (As I always do)....And the only thing I have noticed is that we are simply answering to you and trying to explain how the SCN works....If you don't like SCN you're free to go (No...I don't want you to leave, just trying to say that you shouldn't stay where you don't feel comfortable)....You can go to SapFans...Where people is really aggresive...and come back here to realized that we're a very big family....And like in any other normal family....We had our issues...our little fights...but sure we care for each other....

My 0.000002 cents...

Greetings,

Blag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I accept your apology. Maybe I should reconsider my attitude regarding communities. But I still hope, that private lifes are allowed to stay private.

Nigel_James
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Christian,

If you are so passionate about the point system should we direct the sdn staff to set up a cron job reset all your points to zero on a weekly basis as you are obviously not interested in gaining them or the contribution that they provide to children in other countries less fortunate than your own.

Kind regards,

Nigel James

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When someone is relatively new to a neighborhood it is customary to be welcomed and also to be given some tips about the neighbors.

So first, welcome to the SAP Community Networks (SDN and BPX). Although we have noticed your comments, we assume by your date of entry that you are relatively new to this space. There are many who dwell here many months and even a few years.

Second, take a look (search) forums to discover extensive conversations around the topics of points. You will discover your opinion shared by many, disputed by many, discussed by many. That should be an indication to you that:

1) you may need to spend a little more time learning about your neighbors and your neighborhood before posting

2) it is customary here to have conversations, opinions and dialogue rather than having demands or shouting matches (regardless of the use of the words please and thank-you)

3) not a bad idea to understand the word "suggestion" and the idea behind the area called "coffee corner".

In summary our neighborhood welcomes diverse neighbors but also has rules of engagement around good neighborly behaviour.