cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material is reversed for particular customer during UD

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Is it possible to reserve a material for a particular customer during usage decision. In stock posting if post to reverse stock it goes to blocked stock.

Is there any other way to reserve a particular batch to a specific customer.

Thanks

Regards,

sathish. R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reserving general inventory for a specific customer is difficult. the best way is to create an order or delivery and pick it.

In 6.0 SAP has multiple specs available with and Ok for customer and not OK for customer batch characteristics. When approved or not approved in the inspection lot for various customers, the customers number is recorded against one of the two characteristics. Then a batch search strategy is used to find batches approved for a specific customer. You can use MSC2n to remove all but one customer number if you need to.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

I am using ECC 6.0 . How i should define class characteristics. Can you explain little more clear

Thanks

Sathish. R

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want it to be automatic at time of UD then you need to maintain multiple specs via the Engineering workbench for inspection plans (CWBQM). There is help on doing this.

This should take you the top to the help menu for this topic:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_01/helpdata/en/07/a82442f53cde2ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

The characteristics are already provided by SAP in 6.0. They provide four of them:

LOBM_COUNTRY_NOK

LOBM_COUNTRY_OK

LOBM_CUSTOMER_NOK

LOBM_CUSTOMER_OK

You'll need to create a batch search strategy then for your customer. In that, use LOBM_CUSTOMER_OK and enter the customer number.

Then the system should only provide batches where LOBM_CUSTOMER_OK has the customer's number in it. If you wish to reserve the batch solely for the customer, then you must at UD time manually fail it for all other customer specs and pass it only for the customer.

I have added another characteristic called Reserved_for-customers. I use a variant procedure to set this to True if customer numbers are assigned to LOBM_CUSTOMER_OK.

Then in the general batch search strategy for the material we use a value of Reserved_for_customers = False. Batches are first searched for unreserved batches. Then if none found, the user can change the search value from False to True and all reserved batches will be seen. It is then a business process to determine if the user can assign those batches. Some places will have written procedures around how that process then works as it is a business procedure then not an SAP process as to if those reserved batches can be assigned to a general customer.

I was able to figure it all out from the help files. As this hasn't been taught in to many SAP classes yet!

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

Thanks for your reply.

I create one batch search strategy with customer ok characteristic. But when or where i have to mention that this batch is reserved for this customer. After ud or before ud. Where i have to mention the customer.

I tried to create inspection plan in work bench. But i am not sure how to create.

Is it possible to mention customer name without workbench

kindly explain how to proceed

sathish. R

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use MSC2n to manually update the characteristic with the customer number.

Typically you add the customer specs into the inspection plan. In this manner the characteristic is updated from the inspection lot when the UD is made.

The help on multiple specs has pretty good step by step instructions on adding the customer specs by the workbench. It also explains the settings needed in the material master.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

Thanks for your reply. It is very help ful

Now i add the characteristic customer ok in my batch class and in the sort rule i add the customer ok characteristic. I made ud and in msc2n i mention the customer name manually. when i generate sale order for that customer system gives that batch. But if i create sale order for other customer, the system shows the same batch. what condition i have to give.

kindly explain

sathish.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

In the inspection plan where i should give the customer name

kindly explain

sathish. R

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You didn't do this part it seems -

I have added another characteristic called Reserved_for-customers. I use a variant procedure to set this to True if customer numbers are assigned to LOBM_CUSTOMER_OK.

Add this to all classes, just like the LOBM_CUSTOMER_OK characteristic. In your case, use MSC2n to update the characteristic to "YES" when you add a customer number to LOBM_CUSTOMER_OK. Set a default of NO for it.

Then create a generic batch search strategy for all materials where it looks for batches where RESERVED_FOR_CUSTOMER is NO.

I use a variant procedure to set this to YES or NO based on the UD code used. I.e. they make a decision when making the UD if they want to specifically hold the material for the approved customer(s) or allow it to be used for any order.

Craig

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This SAP help file has pretty good step by step instructions for adding multiple specs. It's what I used to first figure it out myself.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_01/helpdata/en/07/a82442f53cde2ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Under this menu you'll find a topic called Multiple Specifications in Inspection Planning.

Under this are two topics:

Creating Multiple Specification in a New Inspection Plan

Creating Multiple Specification in an Existing Inspection Plan

Please read these carefully, follow the step by step procedures. Spend some time on it, do it a couple of times, you'll get it.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

Thanks for your reply

I tried to do it, if any error i will come to you

sathish. R