cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

In posting change LU04 in that create TO it shows the diff.storage type where the material is available.If i select one storage type and select quant list in that it shows that m/t stock in different Storage location.In that one indicator such as the post to same bin whats the use of this and moreover its coming automatically for some storage bin and few its not coming...Can i know what the reason behind this...

From sas....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The 'post to same bin' indicator is very very important.

When you change the status of stock in SAP WM for example 10 pieces of material xxx from unrestricted to 'Q' the posting change in WM carries out two movements.

It takes the 10 pieces of unrestricted from its bin and puts it in to st type 922 and st bin TR-ZONE. It then attaches the 'Q' to the stock and then it needs to put it back. (This all happens at the exact same second and you do not see it but you can subsequently see it in LT24 the history of a material ) Now if you have this indicator set the system will put the material which is now status 'Q' back in exactly the same place it got it from. This is what you want because physically the stock did not move. If, However you do not have this indicator set then when SAP comes to put it from 922 TR-ZONE back to a bin the put away strategy takes over and dependent on what that is may put the stock somewhere else although physically as I said it did not move. I have had experience of this in a Real production system when the people who built the system did not set this and people where innocently changing the status of stock that was in a special area but SAP placed the stock back in to the Warehouse.

I hope that this helps

Kevin