cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is client browser's actual height accessible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an UI Element IFrame, whose height setting puzzles me.

If I set the height as default or 100%, the IFrame can't retrive my browser's actual height and occupies only a small part on my screen.

If I fix the height by ****pixel, adjusting it to occupies a full-page on my screen, it may have a different apperence on others' PC if they have a different "screen resolution" setting.

I'm wondering, is there a way to get the actual height of the client's browser, then I can set the IFrame height dynamically?

Thanks for your attention.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Client specific details are not available from WD.

Are you setting both height/width to pixels.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj,

The width is set as 100%, and it works - I mean, the IFrame is correctly extended to fully fill the width of the screen.

The height setting described above makes me headache. Is there a better setting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even i have noticed in the wd , their are certain ui elements which doesnt support both height and width in %, you have to make a tradeoff .

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj,

Actually I had taken a search on Internet about "IFrame height", and found some similiar topics - although most of which are in the domain of HTML IFrame.

The mentioned solutions on these topics mainly point to "dynamically setting the IFrame height" using JavaScript - that's why I wish to be able to retrive the client browser information.

Anyway, thank you very much for your information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any better solution?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although problem not solved, enought information got.

Thanks.