cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heterogeneous system copy from MSSQL to Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have performed ABAP+JAVA system copy R3load based from Oracle to Oracle and MSSQL to MSSQL platform.

Homogeneous system copy many times.

But this is first time i am perfoming an Export from MSSQL source system with r3load Export method .....My Target system is havign Oracle 10.2.0.2 software installed along with installation prerequisites.

But while Importing the same MSSQL Export ...I am not getting any option for heterogeneous system copy.

I am running on ECC6.0 windows platform and i also have generated Migartion KEY.

But where should i put this key.

I have gone through system copy guide many times but unable to understand Exact options to follow to Migrate to Oracle target system. Appreciate if anyone can give me detail steps i need to carry on Target system

Best Regards,

AjitR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Is the issue resolved ?

I have same issue, import is failing before actual execution starts (During inputs phase).

Any luck from your end.

Rgards

Narendra

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> But this is first time i am perfoming an Export from MSSQL source system with r3load Export method .....My Target system is havign Oracle 10.2.0.2 software installed along with installation prerequisites.

>

> But while Importing the same MSSQL Export ...I am not getting any option for heterogeneous system copy.

There is no such option. You export the system as usually but you give a different target database.

> I am running on ECC6.0 windows platform and i also have generated Migartion KEY. But where should i put this key.

This key is enter when you choose "custom" in the sapinst on the target system.

> I have gone through system copy guide many times but unable to understand Exact options to follow to Migrate to Oracle target system. Appreciate if anyone can give me detail steps i need to carry on Target system

Heterogeneous system copies require a certified migration consultant on site, otherwise you will loose support for the target system (see http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration).

You also need to execute "SMIGR_CREATE_DDL" in the source system and put the resulting files in the ORA subdirectory of the export (see note 885441 - Common Migration Errors). Also make sure, you use the LATEST versions of R3load, R3ldctl and R3ta and the corresponding db-libraries. Also use the latest Oracle patches (10.2.0.2 + latest interim patches). To speed up data loading you can use "-loadprocedure fast" during the import.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

Thanks for reply, I have executed SMIGR_CREATE_DDL and put Target datababase as Oracle 10.2.0.2 and executed But it does not create any files.

This utility works fine for me where there is Oracle platform in my landscape.

But my current system is MSSQL 2005 platform lestest kernel level 146 and latest R3load, R3ldctl and R3szchk and Db libraries are used.

I have also tried to execute this SMIGR_CREATE_DDL in background but no files are getting created which i can put under Export/ABAP/DB/ORA/ ..... directory and run Import on target system.

Appreciate your comments on the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note my ABAP and Basis patch level is also 13 which is necessary for SMIGR_CREATE_DDL

Former Member
0 Kudos

In system copy guide , it says

If no DB specific objects exists in the database, then no SQL files will be

generated. As long as the report terminates with status u2018successfullyu2019, this is

not an error!

And my SMIGR_CREATE_DDL is getting successfully completed but with No files getting generated.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case you´re fine - you don´t need to deal with any BI objects. You can go on exporting the database.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

I have again taken and Export and while Importing on Oracle database target system ,......it searches for Export/ABAP/DB/ORA/.....XML file which is not present.

I am slightly confused now as if my SMIGR_CREATE_DDL is not generating any file on source system .... what i should put under Export/ABAP/DB/ORA/ during Import.

Thanks once again for your comments

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume it´s looking for DBSIZE.XML.

Did you give the target database "Oracle" during the export? Usually sapinst runs

- R3ldctl (creates the directory structure and creates the template files DDL.TPL)

- R3szchk (which runs through the database and creates a DBSIZE.XML for the target database)

You apparently missed one step...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

I run smigr_create_ddl and give Target database as Oracle but Unable to generate any file.

Next step I run SAPINST in my Source system (MSSQL platform ) to Export ....Options as below.

System copy-> MSSQL server -> Source system -> Central system based on ABAP+JAVA -->Database and central instance export.

Give profile path...>SIDadm password...>Use database specific tool ( do not select ) ...>Export location

And create Export ....Now copied to target system where oracle is installed...

Run Import and select Target database as Oracle and run installation using Export created in previous step.

My doubts are ....My Export do not contain DBSIZE.xml file under ORA directory

and During installation it also doesnt ask me for Migration key.

Please let me know if any of my setps mentioned above are wrong as i am badly stuck over this issue.

Best Regards,

AjitR

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> System copy-> MSSQL server -> Source system -> Central system based on ABAP+JAVA -->Database and central instance export.

>

> Give profile path...>SIDadm password...>Use database specific tool ( do not select ) ...>Export location

My doubts are ....My Export do not contain DBSIZE.xml file under ORA directory

- Did you select the "custom" mode in sapinst and gave the export database as Oracle?

> and During installation it also doesnt ask me for Migration key.

- again - did you select custom? If not, did you "revise" at the summay screen and entered the migration key?

Check my (lengthy) thread about the steps of doing the migration:

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

Thanks for the help, i have done Export with mentioned way and this time DBSIZE.xml file got created under ORA directory ....i started installation at target system....It went smooth until phase Import java Dump Done. .....But during Post load activities It gave error...

When i tried connectivity to Oracle database it works fine and

R3trans -d gives below mentioned error....Looks like table does not exist....all ENV variables are also got set at target machine.....

Error as below

Now 'SAPSR3/<pwd>@TST' is connected (con_hdl 0, nls_hdl 0).

4 ETW000 389 0.171885

4 ETW000 [dev trc ,00000] Database NLS settings: AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8 23682 0.195567

4 ETW000 [dev trc ,00000] Database instance TST is running on CSSLDELL-3 with ORACLE version 10.2.0.2.0 since 20080522

4 ETW000 4056 0.199623

4 ETW000 [dev trc ,00000] Connection 0 opened (DBSL handle 0) 14523 0.214146

4 ETW000 [dblink ,01299] ***LOG BZA=>table SVERS does not exist on database [dblink#3 @ 1299]

4 ETW000 8145 0.222291

4 ETW000 [dev trc ,00000] NTAB: SELECT COMPCNT FROM DDNTT FAILED 1021 0.223312

4 ETW000 [dev trc ,00000] NTAB: SELECT VERSION FROM DDNTT FAILED 520 0.223832

4 ETW000 [dbntab.c ,00000] *** ERROR => NTAB: SELECT VERSION/DBASE FROM DDNTT FAILED

4 ETW000 505 0.224337

4 ETW000 [dbntab ,01273] ***LOG BZY=>unexpected return code 103 calling NTAB [dbntab#3 @ 12737]

Please help...Points rewarded anyways.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set the environment variable dbs_ora_schema=SAP<SID> where SAP<SID> is the owner of the tables in the database.

check Note 534765 - db connect fails because of wrong db schema in environment

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaushal,

My Env is dbs_ora_schema=SAPSR3 which is correct i guess.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

during system copy on target system it ask for migration key.

following from installation guides.

-> On the Welcome screen of the SAP Installation Master DVD, navigate to the following folder

according to the requirements of your target system: Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks System

Copy <database> Target System <Distribution option: Central System / Distributed System / High-Availability

System> Based on <Stack option> AS ABAP and Java / AS Java / AS ABAP> .

-> To install the target system, you follow the instructions in the SAPinst input dialogs and enter

the required parameters up to the screen SAP System > Database - Select the Database Instance Installation

Method. On this screen, you choose the option Standard System Copy/Migration (load-based):

The SAP data dump from the MIGRATION EXPORT CD image that you created during the export is

loaded in the newly installed SAP system database.

regards,

kaushal

Edited by: kaushal malavia on May 19, 2008 3:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Oracle installed on Target system and SAPINST--> additional -> system copy-> Oracle > Target system> ---> Central system > based on ABAP+java> Central system installation

is asking for some Master password and usr location.

Then it aks for database installation method:

1)Standard system copy/Migartion ( Load based )

2) Homogeneous system copy ( Backup / restore )

I HAVE selected 1) option

Enter Database SID ... I provide SID required.....

It now asks for Migartion Export when i provide required export created frmo MSSQL source system

It throws following Error.

ERROR 2008-05-19 15:17:43

FKD-00038 Query did not return a result.Select attribute oldMasterPassword, statement: WHERE sid = 'TST' AND componentID = '|NW_Doublestack_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|9|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBCheck|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBMain|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraCommonDiaSrv|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0' AND paramname = 'JavaSchemaPassword'

ERROR 2008-05-19 15:17:49

CJS-00087 Mapping of tables/objects to tablespace information is missing.<br> DIAGNOSIS: Looked for the file D:/Export_old\ABAP/DB/ORA/DBSIZE.XML but could not find it.<br>SOLUTION: Specify the file in the installation output directory.

MUT-03025 Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined.

FCO-00011 The step importRow_Tsp with step key |NW_Doublestack_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|9|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBCheck|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBMain|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|importRow_Tsp was executed with status ERROR .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

might be you are missing something

did you transfer the Export Files to the Target Host as per system copy document?

following from system copy document

On the target host, create a directory <EXPDIR> with sufficient space for the database export files

available.

Copy all files and directories (recursively) that are located on the source host in the migration

export directory <EXPDIR> from the source host to the target host

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

kaushal,

Off course i have created Export first at source and then transferred to Target and then trying to install system with same Export.

As i am able to do Homogeneous system copies within both platforms .... I suppose procedure is no different apart from Migration key.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

which path you selected in sapinst.exe on source system to prepare export?

regards,

kaushal