cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to club mutile webservices?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am dong three SOAP - XI - RFC senarios.

For every SOAP to RFC senario, I need to call different RFCs. That means for the 3 different SOAP calls I need to call Three diffrent RFCs.

As per my understanding, for every SOAP to RFC secnario, we need to generate one Webservice.

My requirements is can we generate one common Webservice equivilant to 3 webservices? or Can we club 3 webservices to make it 1 webservice?

Please let me know if any one need more clarification.

Thanks

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That means for the 3 different SOAP calls I need to call Three diffrent RFCs

On what condition do u have to select the RFC? Y dont u put this condition in receiver determination?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

The incoming 3 calls does not have a common field.

Is this information useful to you?

Thank you

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Since all SOAP calls are different and for every SOAP call require one Specific message interface. So while generating the Webserivce give 3 diffrent communication channels. So we need to generate 3 webserivces? am i right?

-Subbu

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are 2 options:

1. Create 3 separate scenarios. This would be easily to manage

2. U may add the fields of all the three calls into a single datatype. Create an outbound message interface for it and expose it as a webservice. Use multi-mapping 1:N with N rfcs.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

We can do as you suggested in point 2.

But here the problem is sender is not interested to use the big message type that we developed by clubbing all the input parametes into one data type.

He is interested to send 3 SOAP messages with using 3 diffrent Message interfaces?

Now how to go about this situation

Thank you

Subbu

Edited by: rama subrahmanyam Vemparala on May 19, 2008 11:20 AM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

He is interested to send 3 SOAP messages with using 3 diffrent Message interfaces?

Use the first approach for this. Here if u have three separate sender interfaces, u will have to configure three separate scenarios, with three separate communication channels and ID configs

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rama,

With my exp. I can suggest you two things,

1)Tell your WSDL provider to send three different WSDL files..

2)So ,Better you create three different scenarios...I mean three different Interfaces....(individuallly independent of the namespace)

**********************Reward points ,if found useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek and BVS,

Thank you alot for your valuble answers. one more improvement.

my client is giving one XSD which contains three request and three responses contained in it.

let me describe more clearly

Function 1 call - let us say get XXX details

Function 2 call - Let us say get YYY details

Funcation 3 call - let us say get zzz details.

For all the XXXX and YYYY and ZZZZ details we need Custom RFCs in R3.

even though he has given all the details in one XSD, still we need to go by develping 3 independent scenarios. am i right?

--Subbu

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Developing three independent scenarios best suits ur requirement and will make the overall scenario simpler

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Prateek and BVS

--Subbu