cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, please I have this issue: I deleted a vendor in the organizational model of vendors in SRM.

I went to web transaction, manage business partners, and when I search this business partner and try to delete it, the system throws this message: Business partner cannot be deleted because there are documents created with it. I need to put this vendor in the organizational model again, what can I do? If I try to go to vendors node and try to assign this business partner, the system doesn´t allow me the change.

Thanks in advance

Rosa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Just thought, what exactly did you do to delete the vendor in the first place? Did you find them in PPOMA and delete the org unit? I can try and replicate the problem.

Also, what version of SRM do you have? Guessing 4 as you are still using PPOMA_BBP for the vendors.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David, yes I am working in SRM 4.0 and I search business partner in the vendor organizational unit and with right button I delete the object not the assignment....

Thanks

Rosa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Interesting. It also failed to work for me. I am 99.9% sure this used to work. Sorry about that.

Right, on with plan B.

I first created a new vendor, then created a cart and a PO on the new vendor.

Then I went to transaction BP, put in my new vendor and went to change mode, and went to the status tab and ticked the "archiving" flag.

I then ran BUP_BUPA_DELETE.

It completely deleted the vendor and the VENMAP entry as well.

I then replicated the vendor again using BBPGETVD.

It worked fine and I was able to use the vendor again.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David, I create another vendor, but when I go to replicated the information to SRM, the system throws this error:

Error: Warning: Vendor Already Exists Business Partner: 5000020402 Dun & Bradstreet Number: 560420692

Then in table VENMAP I have new vendor but in organizational model nothing, not old user or new user....

I think this is because we worked with DUNS number, and when the system tries to replicate, there is a problem with the same DUNS number in the vendor....

Do you have another idea?

Thanks

Rosa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. You don't need to create a new vendor.

I created a new one as a test, sorry for any confusion.

All you have to do is:

1 - Go to transaction BP

2 - On the "Status" tab tick the "Archiving" flag

3 - Save the BP

4 - Go to SE37

5 - Use function BUP_BUPA_DELETE to delete the vendor you want to replicate

6 - Run BBPGETVD again on the vendor you want to re-create

That is all, the vendor should be back in the org plan.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much David! This solved my problem... Thanks for your help

Rosa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. If you run function BBP_BACKENDS_DELETE you can delete the entry from table VENMAP.

Then if you run BBPGETVD again the vendor should sync again.

If this does not work you can re-insert the VENMAP entry using BBP_BACKENDS_INSERT, so there is no risk trying this.

You could also try function BUP_BUPA_DELETE to completely delete this vendor and then the sync will definitly work, but you will probably find you get the same error as trying to delete the vendor manually.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David, I tried with first function, the system deleted the entry in the table, I replicated same vendor again but when I go to organizational model, there is no an entrie for this vendor and in transaction SLG1 all is OK.

When I tried with second function, the system throws this: Archive indicator not set for business partner 5000020402

What can I do?

Thanks in advance

Rosa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Are you sure there is no entry in PPOMA for the vendor? The search on business partner can be a bit awkward. Have you tried using the vendor to see if it works now?

When you say there is nothing in SLG1, is there not a success message? There should be something either good or bad.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David, I test with Shop web transaction and supplier doesn´t exists :S, I don´t understand... In transaction SLG1 I put BBPGETVD and all is OK.

What can I do?

Thanks

Rosa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. So you do get a log in SLG1, but there are no warnings or errors in it?

Deleting the VENMAP entry normally allows the sync to work again, I am not sure what else you can do.

You have tried going to the vendor root and finding the next available org unit, then double clicking so it is on the right hand side of the screen, then right click the org unit and assign? This will bring up a search for the org unit that represents your vendor, just put the vendor number in the search term with * either side and see if you can find it.

I suppose you could also try and get past the error on the BUP_BUPA_DELETE function. First set the archive flag by going to transaction BP. Stick in the vendor number and change, then go to the "status" tab and set the flag.

Regards,

Dave.