cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirecting request from Apache to SAP WAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a J2EE migration project. Currently Web appication is running on tomcat server. For authenticating the user who is accessing the web application client is using NT authentication. Apache is acting as a webserver which redirects request to tomcat. On Apache server httpd.conf file used for this NT authentication and redirection to work. When the the request is redirected this userid is passed in request object and then this id is used in the application. I tried same with SAP WAS 7.1 but I am getting userid (from request.getRemoteUser())as null. Request is getting redirected to SAP WAS but this userid in null. Is there any setting required from SAP WAS side like port mapping or something similar. Client wants to continue with the Apache server as a intermediate server. Can someone help me?

cheers

jayant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In apache - tomcat integration, we do configurations at tomcat side also.

In server.xml of tomcat we add following lines for connector.

<!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->

<Connector port="8009" enableLookups="false" request.tomcatAuthentication="false" redirectPort="8443" protocol="AJP/1.3" />

Do we have any such file or do we have to do any such configurations on SAP WAS?

cheers

jayant