cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SQL Query Action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem in using transactions with SQL Querys.

I developed a TA based an SQL Querys against a MS SQL Server by using the jtds driver.

After execution of the sql query I iterate through the result data by using the repeater action on the xMII XML results of the query. Using the jtds driver all table and field names are in lower case letters.

Now I changed the data server to test it with oracle to an oracle database by using the oracle jdbc driver. The database and tables on both Oracle and MS are created with the same sql script.

The oracle driver returns table and field names in only capital letters. So the created transaction can not be used. Because it for example accesses the node "type" in the XML structure which is fine for jtds. But when oracle is used, the node has the name "TYPE", so the TA tries to use node type but there is only node TYPE that causes the TA to run into an error.

Anyone has an idea how to avoid / solve this problem?

Regards

Timo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Get Oracle to respond per your query syntax like MSSQL, and not uppercase your results, or UPPERCASE your requests so that Oracle behavior is the norm.

Regards,

Jeremy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's exactly what I used as solution now.

Instead of doing

"select fieldname from tablename"

I do now

"select fieldname as "fieldname" from tablename"

So both in Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server the returned field names of the query are in lower case letters.

Thank you for your help.

Regards Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

In the MII 12.0, is case sensitive. I think why you can not, try naming the fields in your query in sql-server in all capital letters that will be equal to the return of Oracle.

I hope I can help it.

Greetings,

Marcelo.