cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Multiple Tag Prefixes in an XML in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem on one of the messages we are trying to send to trading partners. The customers' system only accepts the message if it has a tag prefix of sh, orders... and so on in the particular message we are sending (Standard Business Document). The problem is that XI does not use the tag prefixes the trading partners are expecting. Another problem is that we do not have the orginal and current XSD of the Standard Business Document so we created the message in XI and it cannot adapt the multiple namespaces scheme that we are suppose to send.

The messages are sent via HTTP adapter so what we plan is after mapping the data to the output XML, we are going to send it or store it in a directory which a configure File Adapter polls and use the Java Anonymizer Bean to do the trick of adding the tag prefixes and then use Enhanced Receiver Determination to actually send the data via HTTPS (since the receiving system's information is stored in a database which we query in XI using a UDF).

Are there any other approach that we could explore than the one I mentioned above? And could XI actually handle multiple namespaces of an XML?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Rommel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could XI actually handle multiple namespaces of an XML?

In the datatype editor, it is not possible. A workaround could be creating separate schema files (xsd) for each namespace and try calling it from a single wsdl file - a type of wsdl wrap over multiple xsd files

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for the reply. Just another question though, would XI recognize the multiple namespaces and the tag prefixes associated with it during the mapping?

Thanks again!

Regards,

Rommel

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think u ll face problem in message mapping. U may use Java Mapping or XSLT mapping as seperate step before the standard mapping.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use SOAP adapter and check "Don't use SOAP envelope" instead of HTTP adapter. Then you can use XMLAnonymizerBean.

If this is not possible, go for XSLT mapping as second mapping step.

Regards

Stefan